1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. slide13

slide13 Senior member

Here are some pics of the Context Tanker boot. Just figured I'd throw some up since I haven't really seen this boot in this thread yet.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. mikey34

mikey34 Senior member

^ so fresh and so clean!

3. atomicranch

atomicranch Senior member

So mad that I missed out on those whiskey Indys. Absolutely beautiful.

4. Fallen Angels

Fallen Angels Senior member

Which Alden cordovan leather develops a more deep red, almost-burgundy patina? Is it cigar or #8? i'm interested in some cordovan boots that will have that black-cherry color or something like it.

EDIT: i did more searching and think i found my answer (#8)

5. Hot_Escargot

Hot_Escargot Well-Known Member

6. Tripleterror

Tripleterror Member

Having never owned a pair of Alden boots before I have taken the plunge, after much indecision, and ordered a pair of Leather Souls' NST Tanker boots in #8.
    Alden are all but impossible to get in the UK so my only option was to order fron the US.
    Tom at Leather Soul was very patient with me over loads of emails as I was really unsure of my sizing.
    I am a UK9 in Crockett & Jones but a UK81/2 in Trickers, I think I am a UK9 in C&J as the last is narrower than Trickers.
    The C&J I have are their Harlech boot in dark brown cordovan, C&J call it dark brown but what would Alden call it. Would Horween supply C&J a unique colour.
    My Trickers are their Burford boot.
    Tom said go for a US9 in the Barrie last so that it what I have ordered. UK9 = US91/2 = Barrie 9.
    I hope it's right as the option of returning them to Hawaii is not realistic due to return shipping costs etc, by which time they will all be sold anyway !
    Simon

7. centrix

centrix Senior member

good luck tripleterror

8. KaiserSose

KaiserSose Senior member

Alden shoes are currently 50% off at Benedetti's in NYC.

9. robin

robin Senior member

Tom said go for a US9 in the Barrie last so that it what I have ordered. UK9 = US91/2 = Barrie 9.
    I hope it's right as the option of returning them to Hawaii is not realistic due to return shipping costs etc, by which time they will all be sold anyway !

I would say this is about right based on my own experiences with C&J and the Barrie last.

10. PaulYAY

PaulYAY Senior member

11. RIDER

RIDER Senior member

arch support on the Barrie is decent but nothing like the modified, which by any standards is very high. If you need modified type arch support nothing else will do.

whiskey varies from quite light (see this thread) to approaching revello mid-tan. In Alden there is no lighter color though Ron Rider I believe was making some in a color called "natural" that some likened to scrotum. Too pink for most people's taste. getting to a color that transparent requires perfection that is hard to find in natural hides.

Who the hell said that? And who has a pink scrotum?

12. amlai

amlai Senior member

13. erbs

erbs Senior member

Does anyone currently sell the Indy for cheaper than the $344 list price at Shoemart, Aldenshop, etc?

14. atct86

atct86 Senior member

shoemart is having a 10% off Alden sale until the 18th, not sure of its valid online or only in store

15. slide13

slide13 Senior member

I was at the Alden store in NYC today and they had the regular Indy tagged at $325 and the black at $365.

I think those were the numbers, I remember thinking the regular Indy was cheaper then I had expected. Also had a great selection of cordovan including a nice #8 longwing that I tried on and liked a lot along with #8 cap toe boot and cigar shell chukka boot.

16. airportlobby

airportlobby Senior member

shoemart is having a 10% off Alden sale until the 18th, not sure of its valid online or only in store
    Anyone have a code for this? Could I call in? Also - what's the sizing like on the 2 eye boat shoes and flex chukkas - TTS?

17. mechanical pencil

mechanical pencil Senior member

Flex welt suede chukkas run pretty true to size in my opinion....

18. TasselsHongKong

TasselsHongKong Well-Known Member

To celebrate our 3 Year Anniversary, we created the Whiskey Cordovan version of our extremely successful #8 Cordovan Norwegian Front high boot in Commando sole with heel loop launched back in early 2008.
    [​IMG]

19. MiniW

MiniW Senior member

not whiskey but I am still very proud to call these mine:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

20. robin

robin Senior member

Nice! I like those more than the whiskey versions.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.