• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Countingsheep

Reaction score

Ok, Here is my shot. Pic from 3/17/13 St. Patrick's Day. And an additional pic of me and my youngest...........sporting her favorite new saddles. Contrary to how they may look, I neither baby nor abuse my aldens. Most get regular wipedowns and application of reno every month or two depending on how much wear they get. My cigar indys are my most casual alden and usually get the nod for a weekend trip to the park with the kids or a romp in the woods with the dog.
The saddles win. We lose.... :slayer::nodding: Nicely "beat" boots... What's the sole? There's a shot a few pages back of mine after a hike. Yeah, I am actually trying to beat up shell. Problem? :D

david3558

Reaction score
Hey everyone - thanks for the feedback; just wanted to be more specific, I'm looking for a LWB. I actually have those Color 8 Captoe Boots already and they are phenomenal :slayer:

Glad we seem to all share the same taste there. So, what about them LWBs? :D

kwhitelaw

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone - thanks for the feedback; just wanted to be more specific, I'm looking for a LWB. I actually have those Color 8 Captoe Boots already and they are phenomenal
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Glad we seem to all share the same taste there. So, what about them LWBs?
biggrin.gif
I recently received the #8 on crepe sole. be cautious should you end up going that route, the welt is not natural colored, it's dark

CTYGGG

Reaction score

The edge treatments on the Bureau Belfast Alden's are quite nice. I wonder if B Nelson could do the same with my stock 990's?

B Nelson can do it, but the welt will still be dark. Don't know if that's a hang up for you or not.

BeSpiffington

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Hey everyone - thanks for the feedback; just wanted to be more specific, I'm looking for a LWB. I actually have those Color 8 Captoe Boots already and they are phenomenal :slayer:

Glad we seem to all share the same taste there. So, what about them LWBs? :D
Alden x J Crew Horween Chromexcel LWB.

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Team SF - thoughts on the offerings on J.Crew? Any that you would pick? I'm digging the LWBs in suede... just can't pick between the darker and lighter ones.

I have the suede longwings from J. Crew and really like them. Mine are the darker shade (I think that was the only shade offered when I got mine) and really like them. I haven't gotten much use out of them over the past few months because of the salt on the roads, sidewalks, and parking lots but in the summer and fall they are one of my favorite shoes to wear around the office with chinos and a madras shirt or a polo.

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

Team SF - thoughts on the offerings on J.Crew? Any that you would pick? I'm digging the LWBs in suede... just can't pick between the darker and lighter ones.

Between the two J Crews offerings in snuff and tan/camel, I would get the snuff just because it has the single oiled sole. I don't hate on the crepe sole but like the oiled sole better.

However, I've got a pair of snuff LWBs in almost that exact configuration and also a pair of tan suede wing tips.
I find myself wearing the tan much more often than the snuff.

shaunw

Reaction score
The saddles win. We lose....
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
nod[1].gif

Nicely "beat" boots... What's the sole?

There's a shot a few pages back of mine after a hike. Yeah, I am actually trying to beat up shell. Problem?
biggrin.gif
Commando sole, mine are theshoemarts version with all eyelets, about a year old at this point. My three year old daughter can pull off saddles, for me though........not really my style.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads