• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

sazon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Too many pics to comment on but great shots all around this week gentlemen. So much gorgeous Massachusetts footwear out there.
I've been refraining this week, getting some wear out of my Allen Edmonds shell. GASP !

Dr. D

Reaction score

Thank you both for the clarification. That's freaking amazing.

I've emailed TSM in the past to get their 2nds list, but to no avail - never a response nor 2nds emails. Would anyone care to forward me various listings, or would it be best to just try to call TSM directly?

I'm all about the 2nds.

I just wanted to note that some of them are seconds for very obvious reasons. I visited the store back in 2011 and the salesman pulled out a pair of whiskey LHS that had a gigantic black splotch on the toe, roughly the size of a quarter. He also pulled out a pair of color 8 NSTs that looked flawless to me. It is very hit or miss so I think the best policy for shopping seconds is to be flexible and very patient. Best of luck!

MrDV

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've just started on "the path" with #8 PTB's. How would some of the more experienced aficionados and collectors on this forum suggest I proceed? Buy what's available as you go. Get the basics first. Order a particular shoe in a so-called "grail" colour and wait for the zombie apocalypse. Any suggestions at all would be great. First borns w/ Marcoliani cashmere socks

excellent choice sir, i think ptbs show shell beautifully. i have gone as far as putting 3 pairs of marcolianis in my virtual shopping cart, i haven't been brave enought to purchase. same with the color laces, i first saw them at the frans boone site. i am tempted to try an orange pair on cigar lwbs.
i got started on aldens a couple of years ago, i only regret the shoes i didn't buy. if you see something rare in your size, buy it, if you don't love it, one of us will buy it here or on the bay.

mcarthur

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Too many pics to comment on but great shots all around this week gentlemen. So much gorgeous Massachusetts footwear out there.
I've been refraining this week, getting some wear out of my Allen Edmonds shell. GASP !

nephew,
perfectly acceptable

bespoken pa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anyone else get frustrated with find finding pieces of a make up they like but not the whole thing. If Alden had a EG style MTO program I'd be dead broke. If anyone has ever seen a six eyelet chukka (I know it's not technically a chukka) in ravello with antique edge trim please let me know. I guess if I had everything I wanted I couldn't dream anymore but I'm okay with that.

stmaier

Reaction score
Does anyone know what cordovan boots Alden DC usually stocks? I am looking for either a Tanker/NST or a perforated cap toe in cigar shell.

mcarthur

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Does anyone else get frustrated with find finding pieces of a make up they like but not the whole thing. If Alden had a EG style MTO program I'd be dead broke. If anyone has ever seen a six eyelet chukka (I know it's not technically a chukka) in ravello with antique edge trim please let me know. I guess if I had everything I wanted I couldn't dream anymore but I'm okay with that.

nephew,
as you requested

Last edited:

bespoken pa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Uncle Mac, thank you. IMO those boots are king of all Aldens. So many questions as I am relatively new to the forum. When and where did you acquire those amazing boots? Have you ever posted a photo of your entire collection, perhaps NASA could allow the temporary use of a satellite to do so? Additionally is there a pair of Aldens that you don't have? If possible what is your #1 alden make up? Again thank you, you are an invaluable resource to all of us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads