1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Don L

Don L Senior member

Whiskey LHS
    EP Linen
    [​IMG]

2. dusttruffle

dusttruffle Senior member

Has anyone found they size similar in Grant and Barrie boots?
    I am very def 8E in Barrie boots and I found the 8.5E a little roomy in the Grant lasted 3980 #8 Boot .
    ...... i tried the 7.5E 3980 and there wasnt enough room in the toe box but i could still cram them in which made me think a size 8E (out of stock) would have been perfect.
    I was quite surprised as i had assumed they were Barrie .... but aldenshoe.com has told me they were Grant.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. zippyh

zippyh Senior member

Yes. For me, Grant in same size as Barrie is a slightly snug fit but still works.

4. MrDV

MrDV Senior member

5. sevenfoldtieguy

sevenfoldtieguy Senior member

^^ Those are nice.

Do I spot a commando sole?

6. BeSpiffington

BeSpiffington Senior member

Thanks a lot shawnc. Matching or for some contrast is all good, I just really love to wear coloured laces unless I'm appearing before a federal grand jury. It's a fun way to dress up an outfit.

7. ReppTiePrepster

ReppTiePrepster Senior member

8. ClassyCanuck

ClassyCanuck Senior member

Nick's Shoe Repair
    169 Dupont St, Toronto
    (416) 924-5930

I think they charged me $40, did a very good job.

1 person likes this.
  9. BeSpiffington

Nice Don L. The matching slacks and socks makes your whiskey penny's stand out with good effect.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2013
  10. BeSpiffington

RTP, I thank you sir. A reputation from your esteemed personage is greatly appreciated, even though you are overly complimentary in the extreme. Lol. One must be creative when one only has a scant percentage of your remarkable Alden wardrobe.

1 person likes this.
  11. BeSpiffington

I love those shoes MrDV. Great shine.

12. rydenfan

rydenfan Senior member

I love the lighter edge trim on those Ravello PTB's

13. aldenwear

aldenwear Senior member

For me Grant runs true to size and Barrie is larger than true to size. I wear one-half size longer in Grant than Barrie with the same width in both.

And that is one good-looking medallion toe boot!

14. clee1982

clee1982 Senior member

1K for Alden, pass..., I will do MTO in the US with wait in that case..., Modified is not exactly what I would call sleek either...

15. Rishi Kakar

Rishi Kakar Senior member

MrDV those shoes look splendid as does the combination. Wear in good health.

16. aldenwear

aldenwear Senior member

Alden makes many dress shoes in its standard line on the aberdeen, plaza, hampton and Grant lasts, which are sleeker than Barrie. Most of the standard line Alden shoes on these lasts are in calfskin and, off the top of my head, include plain toe bluchers on plaza last and a balmoral plain toe on the aberdeen last, shortwings, NSTs, monk straps, and more on these lasts. In cordovan, Alden's standard line includes shortwings, captoe balmorals, medallion captoe balmorals, captoe bluchers. monk straps, and possibly more models.

Alden on Madison Avenue has in cordovan many of the sleeker last shoes that, in the standard line, are available only in calfskin.

There should be many options in dressy shoes for non-Barrie last shoes.

Boots are another story: Alden's standard line does not include many dress boots - maybe none, in fact? But my experience is that dress boots - cordovan or calfksin captoes, medallion toes, NST's, and others are readily available on Grant and plaza lasts on a made-to-order basis from Leffot, J Gilberts, LeatherSoul and Unionmade.

Good luck

17. Shawnc

Shawnc Senior member

If imitation is truly the highest form of flattery, then you should feel very flattered. After seeing the last picture of these that you posted, I was lucky enough to snag the last pair available from TSM. What I didn't notice then was that your strap appears to be a slightly darker shade than the rest of the shoe. That really makes them pop. Care to share your secret? Either way, I like the shoes and they work really well with the ensemble. Nicely done.

18. hoit1981

hoit1981 Senior member

Oh Jesus! At 3:36 does he really start stroking himself?! Oh god, I can't un-see what I've just seen. That is a very creepy and worrying video.

19. tifosi

tifosi Senior member

One of my favorite boxes to receive...
    [​IMG]

20. mcarthur

mcarthur Senior member

nephew, nice combo

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.