• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

AldenLuver

Reaction score
Was wondering if the Tremont last was TTS. While the shape may be different, is the sizing similar to the aberdeen last? Was interested in picking up a pair of the 974 (wingtip bal oxford). I wear 10D in barrie and 10.5D in aberdeen. Should I go with 10.5D in Tremont? Thanks in advance!

sevenfoldtieguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

^Excellent Ravello Chukkas up there.

Is it me or do you gents have some differently fitting Aldens in the same last as well? Some of my Aldens in the same last (Barrie in this case) fit more tighter than others. Nothing too alarming, but noticeable nonetheless. The NXL Indy Oxfords I wore today is the most noticeably loose fitting, even though they're all in the same size and width.

1. You are not alone my friend. Each pair of handmade shoes/boots fits a bit different, even if on the same last. Add to that shell v. calf v. suede v. CXL and you are basically guaranteed to have a shoe that fits slightly different.
2. Do you have an assistant that travels with you to take "in motion" pics? :)

sevenfoldtieguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Was wondering if the Tremont last was TTS.  While the shape may be different, is the sizing similar to the aberdeen last?  Was interested in picking up a pair of the 974 (wingtip bal oxford).  I wear 10D in barrie and 10.5D in aberdeen.  Should I go with 10.5D in Tremont?  Thanks in advance!

Order both sizes and send one back. I'm 100% serious. The Tremont is a "tweener" inasmuch as some go TTS and some go 1/2 down.

REguy

Reaction score

Was wondering if the Tremont last was TTS.  While the shape may be different, is the sizing similar to the aberdeen last?  Was interested in picking up a pair of the 974 (wingtip bal oxford).  I wear 10D in barrie and 10.5D in aberdeen.  Should I go with 10.5D in Tremont?  Thanks in advance!

10D

Alcibiades

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

No way to tell without ordering yourself. Half would do 10.5D, half would do 10D.

imolazhp_ci

Reaction score

I don't think it is normal.  My guess would be that someone stuffed them in the box improperly.

I wonder which retailer it was?

i had a crease like this on my brand new Ravello LWB's from Alden SF. it was annoying, but i Reno'd them, then put some Saphir Neutral Cordovan Creme on them. brushed vigorously. it's still there but it's evened itself out with wear.

mcarthur

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

You don't even need digital cameras, man...though I carry one at all times. Iphone 4 and 5 take great pictures with natural lighting.

nephew,
good looking boots

mcarthur

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

mcarthur

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

New pickups photographed together. Whiskey LHS and Ravello LWB from J.Crew. Still not 100% sold on the brass eyelets on the LWBs but I really love this color with the antique edge. I'm considering replacing the brass with dark brown eyelets.

good looking whiskey lhs and gunboats, enjoy wearing

BeSpiffington

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Is this crease normal on a brand new PTB? I don't think it should be a problem. As you wear them, and I mean "wear" them, they'll get all the creases and character your feet can dish out. Some people demand pristine perfect and flawless new shoes that look like an Alden catalogue photograph. As they should considering their price. OMG. I bought a "new" pair of PTB's and they had obviously been tryed on several times. The right shoe quite a bit I thought. Luckily it was the correct size for me. They immediately felt comfortable so I bought them. I also didn't want to wait however long it would take to get another pair. Horweens supply problems not withstanding. I am want to fawn over new shoes like a lot of fellow forum contributers. Ultimately they're just really nice gloves for your feet. "Wear them in good health".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads