• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

n-domino

Reaction score
I'll be interested to see the shade of Ravello (Darker/Lighter) for this latest batch of Day Trippers.

Also, to those who are receiving them: Did you ever receive word that the order was confirmed by Alden? Or were you just surprised when Leffot received them all of a sudden?
I never received word that the order was confirmed. I just got a random email from Leffot that said they were in. Kinda surprised me. Just in case anyone was wondering I ordered them on Oct. 20, 2011. So it was a little over a year for the Day Trippers.

ElDave

Reaction score

I just got a call from Alden DC that my Cigar captoe boot order arrived.
I don't remember actually placing an order. I called a few months back asking about a certain size (11EE) and was told they didn't have it in stock, but would give me a call if they ever got it back in stock. I didn't realize that meant I was telling them to place an order for me.
First off, I'm an 11E Trubalance and Barrie, so I'm not sure if 11EE Grant will work. Second, has anyone else had this happen? I didn't actually tell them to add me to any order.

What's the price on these?

kwhitelaw

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
boom, day trippers en route
worship2.gif

Beatlegeuse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I never received word that the order was confirmed. I just got a random email from Leffot that said they were in. Kinda surprised me. Just in case anyone was wondering I ordered them on Oct. 20, 2011. So it was a little over a year for the Day Trippers. 

Still kinda surprised these shipped before the Ravello Brixton boot, which I believe were ordered in January 2011. But to everyone that's getting the new Day Trippers - POAST PICS!

coolarrow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just got a call from Alden DC that my Cigar captoe boot order arrived.
I don't remember actually placing an order. I called a few months back asking about a certain size (11EE) and was told they didn't have it in stock, but would give me a call if they ever got it back in stock. I didn't realize that meant I was telling them to place an order for me.
First off, I'm an 11E Trubalance and Barrie, so I'm not sure if 11EE Grant will work. Second, has anyone else had this happen? I didn't actually tell them to add me to any order.

Happens to me too. However, only when I'm on Ambien
shog[1].gif

rennavate

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My Day Trippers officially paid for, just waiting for shipping number. WOOOHOOO.

sevenfoldtieguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

lucked out, had an extra pr in sz 12.

steven said they have a sz11 also in case anyone wants to sneak a pair

Speaking of sneaking a pair, yesterday I spoke to Alden DC. They had just gotten in a shipment of cigar shell captoe boots on the Grant. They had a 9.5D that was not spoken for. I gave it some thought, but ultimately took a pass (reason being I have acquired some dark brown shell models from a few other makers as of late).

Don't know if they still have it ..............................

Good luck.

Bakes11771

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I spoke to DC last spring an asked to get on the list for a 9.5D, but never heard from them again. Its like the opposite of the situation the other gentleman described, where they put him on the list when he didn't ask to be.

In any case, I'm not interested in that make up anymore because I have a cigar boot on the way and possibly another in queue.

Just thought it was ironic, and wondered if that was the same 9.5D.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads