• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BootSpell

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No longer waiting.

I need to take some pics probably a bit later on.

Oops, I think this pair convinced me that Ravello would be a nice addition for my next pair.

I'm still waiting for mine so pics in the wild would be great. Enjoy and congrats.

private eyes

Reaction score
Whoever just put up a pair of 405's in my size (7.5) , I love you. That is all
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

dddrees

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrick_b

Glad they made it! Enjoy.
Thank you sir.

I'm still waiting for mine so pics in the wild would be great. Enjoy and congrats.
Thank you, and I hope you get yours soon.

It certainly is well worth the wait.

They are fabulous looking boots.

Hope to have some pictures in the next day or so.

Last edited:

makewayhomer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
anyone else have to readjust their ankles/shins to wearing boots after the summer? all summer I only wear flip flops or loafers or boat shoes or the occasional blucher - then for fall I go back to boots. but man my shins/ankles hurt the first few wears - but now my boots feel as comfortable as ever. almost like I needed to develop some resistance to wearing boots again?

Last edited:

Burton

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Guys - I just received a pair of Color 8 shell cordovan cap toes on the Aberdeen last. I have the worst luck when I buy Alden. Let me know what you think, am I being too critical. It looks like there are two exposed staples when I look at the welt on the shoe. What would you do?

Maybe I am making too much of this?

Alden's policy on retunrs is no sign or wear or try on. Unfortunately, I did not notice this until I had the shoes on for a few hours.

Last edited:

closerlook

Reaction score
looks to me that those staples would not have become visible until walking in them for a couple of hours.
they are right where the creasing is, and so with the flexing and pulling (displacement) of the shell, they were uncovered.

absolutely send them back if you aren't happy. stand your ground.

dddrees

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
looks to me that those staples would not have become visible until walking in them for a couple of hours.
they are right where the creasing is, and so with the flexing and pulling (displacement) of the shell, they were uncovered.
absolutely send them back if you aren't happy. stand your ground.
Sounds like good reasoning. I would call and ask them, then use this reasoning if necessary. Never know until you ask. Besides if they are working there way out it could be a bigger problem later on. Give it a shot I say.

BootSpell

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Sounds like good reasoning. I would call and ask them, then use this reasoning if necessary. Never know until you ask. Besides if they are working there way out it could be a bigger problem later on. Give it a shot I say.

+1. I don't think you're making too much of it. That would definitely bother me.

Velazkez

Reaction score
How does the brown alpine grain color on the AWW compate to the brown on the Indy boot (405)? I assume they are the same color, but when I see the AWW in pics, it looks much more yellow/tan than the red/brown of the 405 Indy.

Last edited:

Olifter

Reaction score
Guys - I just received a pair of Color 8 shell cordovan cap toes on the Aberdeen last. I have the worst luck when I buy Alden. Let me know what you think, am I being too critical. It looks like there are two exposed staples when I look at the welt on the shoe. What would you do?

Alden's policy on retunrs is no sign or wear or try on. Unfortunately, I did not notice this until I had the shoes on for a few hours.
I would be concerned with the long term, you might have to do something eventually anyway. It seems to me that could be easily fixed. If nothing else, they could refurbish it.

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

How does the brown alpine grain color on the AWW compate to the brown on the Indy boot (405)?  I assume they are the same color, but when I see the AWW in pics, it looks much more yellow/tan than the red/brown of the 405 Indy.

I've seen and handled both in person, but never had them next to each other side by side, and I would agree with you that the AWW are definitely a brighter or more yellow color than the Indy.

Thor

Reaction score
More Indy Travel...

This stop Botswana - this is on the Linyanti River in northern Botswana...notable for its huge elephants herds and wild dogs:

2cf7520.jpg

balmoralsoccer

Reaction score

Sigh, the back of one of my Aberdeen nst's looks like this. It hasn't gotten worse, fortunately...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads