• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thor

Reaction score

picture of elephants and wild dogs

Is that a "picture or it didn't happen" challenge or just a general interest? :)

14ugjrs.jpg

m80d1i.jpg

2vcb12v.jpg

Alcibiades

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My apartment doesn't have power, I've guest room / couch hopped all week with a small suitcase - it's looking like a Friday return home. What shoe have I worn in these wet conditions? None other than Leather Soul's chromexcel chukkas since Sunday. Comfortable, durable in wet weather, easy on / easy off, and looks pretty good too.

blue collar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

My apartment doesn't have power, I've guest room / couch hopped all week with a small suitcase - it's looking like a Friday return home. What shoe have I worn in these wet conditions? None other than Leather Soul's chromexcel chukkas since Sunday. Comfortable, durable in wet weather, easy on / easy off, and looks pretty good too.

One of my personal favs for sure! Have mine on today too. Hope all is well when you get back home and that you've lost nothing but the warm milk in your fridge.

Report back on Leffot too; hope they didn't get washed out...didn't happen to see any size 11.5D shell floating around in NYC did you? :D

Last edited:

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

More Indy Travel...
This stop Botswana - this is on the Linyanti River in northern Botswana...notable for its huge elephants herds and wild dogs:
2cf7520.jpg

I'm liking this whole series. MOAR. (What is the context of this worldspanning trip?)

topisdown

Reaction score
Thanks everyone, yes, Tremont last for the wingtips. Got lucky at Alden DC
How does the fit on the Tremont last compare to other Alden lasts?
True to size?
I sometimes see a recommendation to size down like the Barrie or Trubalance.

Alcibiades

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

True to size?  

Like the Grant last, it is a tweener. From what I can tell, if you have wide feet, you need to go TTS in Tremont; if you have either "normal width" or narrow feet, you can go a half size down.

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

True to size?  

For what it's worth, owning a shortwing in the Tremont, I went down a 1/2 similar to Barrie sizing. I went TTS in the Plaza, and it fits narrower than my -1/2 Tremont.

sevenfoldtieguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Guys - I just received a pair of Color 8 shell cordovan cap toes on the Aberdeen last. I have the worst luck when I buy Alden. Let me know what you think, am I being too critical. It looks like there are two exposed staples when I look at the welt on the shoe. What would you do?

Maybe I am making too much of this?
Alden's policy on retunrs is no sign or wear or try on. Unfortunately, I did not notice this until I had the shoes on for a few hours.

Depends on the retailer. If, for example, you got them from TSM, you could return them without incident.

Thor

Reaction score

I'm liking this whole series. MOAR. (What is the context of this worldspanning trip?)

Alas, that is the end of the Indy sightings...I only wore them on travel days...and they never saw the light of day in Mozambique.

I did have one cool pic of my feet propped up in the jeep on the way to the airstrip in Botswana..inadvertently deleted off my phone.

My GF...er...wife...obliged with her "real" camera for these pics.

It was our honeymoon.

Well spotted - wild dogs are a grail sighting in East Africa as they're sadly being driven to extinction.
e: nice boots too!

Indeed- we traveled extra far to see them after getting a report of their whereabouts...and on our last day. There were just too many lions in our immediate proximity.

This was a pack of 15- 7 adults and 8 pups...we got their just as the pups were running around going nuts- chasing each other and wrestling etc...15 minutes later they were all sacked out under a bush.

Amazing trip. Was glad the Indys could make it :)

wigglr

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
More Indy Travel...
This stop Botswana - this is on the Linyanti River in northern Botswana...notable for its huge elephants herds and wild dogs:
2cf7520.jpg
I was in South Africa this summer at Kruger Park (born in Johannesburg, so visit reguarly). I saw a pack of wild dogs and hyhenas going at each other. AWESOME and so rare.

I hope you're enjoying yourself! I loved Botswana!

Last edited:

kwhitelaw

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
got my cigar chukkas from o'connells today. cant take them off
worship2.gif

definitely recommend O'connells.. lowest price I'd seen on cigar and incredibly fast shipping, all things considered, from buffalo to virginia.

Last edited:

sellran

Reaction score

I still have no power, heat or hot water. Have lived since Sunday in my Alden Kudu Indys.

thebeebs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Happy Halloween everyone - what's everyone's Holy Grail Alden?

I'll go first: Color 4 captoe boot, Barrie last, commando sole, speedhooks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads