• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JPFNY5

Reaction score
in the wild
photo-32.jpg

SUPERB!!! Think I might ROCK these with some blue/white seersucker shorts!! Alot of people are going to regret not hopping on these!

onestar

Reaction score

what are you using on these shoes? the color looks good, but different than i expect from natural cxl.

Interesting that they are so different to mine which were purchased from Leffot. The edges on mine seem lighter and they are quite a different colour depth overall. This is a really versatile shoe IMO.

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Two very different pair of Aldens
Whiskey Indy from Alden DC - both of my cordovan boots are from Alden DC, service has been superb (extra shoelaces and a shoehorn included).

I love the Footbalance heel + double waterlock sole combo here

I'm gonna get some sunlight photos of these Indys soon...

ohh emmm gheee

oldscotch

Reaction score
Sorry if this is a stupid question. I am from Australia and want to order an Indy in Shell cordovan 8. I have looked at all the websites in the original post of this thread and none of them have it in stock.

Would appreciate if somebody could please suggest a vendor.

terradilavoro

Reaction score

Unlined #8 PTB...
IMG_0315.jpg

IMG_1336.jpg

IMG_1350.jpg

Hello CTYGGG,

these # 8 PTB are No. 1 on my wishlist. Do you recommend buying same (Barrie) size as usual or do they run bigger due to the missing leather lining inside?
Which retailer do offer these actually, please?

cheerio
Joachim

HorseHide

Reaction score

Hello CTYGGG,
these # 8 PTB are No. 1 on my wishlist. Do you recommend buying same (Barrie) size as usual or do they run bigger due to the missing leather lining inside?
cheerio
Joachim

I bought a pair (sized down from 9 1/2 to 9) and they seem large - I didn't factor the absence of a lining into the Alden sizing matrix. I'm going to give them another spin but I'm betting my pair will be available soon.

BTW - I believe that these are a Leather Soul exclusive.

Alcibiades

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I bought a pair (sized down from 9 1/2 to 9) and they seem large - I didn't factor the absence of a lining into the Alden sizing matrix. I'm going to give them another spin but I'm betting my pair will be available soon.
BTW - I believe that these are a Leather Soul exclusive.

Tassels also has them periodically (probably about $100 more expensive than Leather Soul given the shop is based in Hong Kong)

CTYGGG

Reaction score

Very nice. Planning on wearing mine this week.

Thanks. Nice choice & as always post up the pics.

Hello CTYGGG,
cheerio
Joachim

Depends on how the Barrie last fits your feet, but the lack of a liner does make the PTB fit different and sizing down may be your ticket. LS is definitely sold out & Tassels might be your best bet.

http://www.tassels.com.hk/en/made_to_order_details.php?id=90

http://leathersoulhawaii.com/2012/01/19/alden-shoe-unlined-8-ptb-lsw/

furo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Sorry if this is a stupid question. I am from Australia and want to order an Indy in Shell cordovan 8. I have looked at all the websites in the original post of this thread and none of them have it in stock.

Would appreciate if somebody could please suggest a vendor.

Try North River Outfitter

cloudshift

Reaction score

Interesting that they are so different to mine which were purchased from Leffot. The edges on mine seem lighter and they are quite a different colour depth overall. This is a really versatile shoe IMO.

I used the Neatsfoot oil to darken them up a bit. Also, the Plantation Crepe sole seems to effect the overall appearance. I don't know about yours, but mine are definitely scuff magnets. :)

Kashiwa

Reaction score

Just received my first Alden's from Unionmade today. These are the "Sloat" boots, and they were the last pair they had in stock. Went for a pretty good walk around Tokyo today, and I was very impressed with how comfortable they were.

I'm a little unsure about the almost orange-ish trim. But I'm sure it will darken up with a little dirt and wear.

J

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads