• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

NotClever

Reaction score
Tricker's has grown on me a lot. I thought they looked pretty dumb originally but now I feel like they're exactly what I want in a truly casual shoe. I've been watching their seconds eBay account for a pair of their wingtip boots on dainite sole for a while now.

Are you talking about the shoe with the strap over the toe there? That's definitely interesting. It seems that they're usually really conservative in design although they get pretty wild with colors, so I suppose this isn't that out there.

mcarthur

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
2lsuxa9.jpg

ravello tassel
argyle otc

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Saying "funky looking wingtips" doesn't really narrow it down. You mean those faux motorcycle boots with that strip over the toe for the shifter?
Herring Shoes has an all black version available now.

Joenobody0

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

HorseHide

Reaction score

Saying "funky looking wingtips" doesn't really narrow it down. You mean those faux motorcycle boots with that strip over the toe for the shifter?

I guess you're right, especially among that group! :) I was talking about the multi-colored "faux motorcycle boots".

g.michael

Reaction score

I have three pairs of LWB's, they all have that missing perf's. I think the die that was used to punch the uppers was damaged/worn. Somebody at the factory should get that repaired/replaced.
BTW the stock photos at TheShoeMart web site of various LWB's also feature that infamous missing perf. (97891 / 97873 / 97720).

I'm going to email them to see what (if anything) they say

LynahFaithful

Reaction score

I have three pairs of LWB's, they all have that missing perf's. I think the die that was used to punch the uppers was damaged/worn. Somebody at the factory should get that repaired/replaced.
BTW the stock photos at TheShoeMart web site of various LWB's also feature that infamous missing perf. (97891 / 97873 / 97720).

My comment was mostly tongue in cheek because the missing perf is basically superfluous but it is interesting that it seems that every LWB has a missing perf. It almost seems to be a deliberate "Where's Waldo" kind of deal.

mediahound

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I sorta like missing perfect holes myself. At least it's consistent, one per shoe. If it was all over the placewith like 4 missing here 1 missing there that would be bad.

Lane

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
the illuminati controls Alden production, and has used styleforum as its base for automatons creation to spread its influence.

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

I guess you're right, especially among that group! :) I was talking about the multi-colored "faux motorcycle boots".

Actually, the vast majority of those Tricker's pictured are probably destined to be special makeups.
The standard stock models are all pretty sober looking. Also Tricker's are sooo much more carefully put together than Alden.
Of course comparing the 4444/4497 country lasts to Aldens make the Barrie looks sleek.

Tricker's uses some Horween leathers although not as much cordovan.
They also use Comipel cordivan. I recently got a pair in orange and so far I've been pleased with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads