1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. El Argentino

El Argentino Senior member

I've only ever had one horsehair brush - I've checked it multiple times though for color transfer, but it seems to do the job.

2. ghdvfddzgzdzg

ghdvfddzgzdzg Senior member

shit, I should probably try some tongue pads with mine. Dunno why I didn't think of it before.

3. theclipper

theclipper Senior member

Just got an email from North River Outfitters cancelling my order. They said Alden no longer makes the LWB in C width :brick:

4. dukerules

dukerules Well-Known Member

Seriously? Why do I not believe this?

5. neutrino

neutrino Senior member

Guys, how do you contact Alden DC? By phone only? Google doesn't reveal a website, I guess there ain't one :)

6. theclipper

theclipper Senior member

Same here, seems kind of odd.

7. kippy

kippy Senior member

By phone only. And they are really wonderful with excellent customer service.

8. Steel28

Steel28 Senior member

+1, same experience.

9. Mr. Six

Mr. Six Senior member

Just to provide another point of information, my order (#8 LWB in 10.5D) from North River Outfitters is in transit.

Also, thanks for the tip about Tom Austin Shoes. Got a great deal on black shell LWB. It seems I suddenly have an Alden collection forming.

10. kippy

kippy Senior member

Go to an Alden shop and try 1/2 size down from wherever you are now. I tried going the tongue pad route at first and it was "ok" but my foot was still a bit loose. I tired of the loose fit after a while, went to a store and realized I needed to size down 1 entire size down from my regular shoe size for the Barrie last. Experiment with the fit in person and spend the time figuring out what is best for your feet. You might be surprised at the results and save a lot of money in the process.

11. Winston S.

Winston S. Senior member

Swung by Tom Austin to see if they had anything left for me, but alas nothing there in 8.5D at least for non-black. Tried on a #8 PTB in 8D on the Barrie last but it was a little tight in front. It was a little too chunky too otherwise I would have considered it.

12. Beatlegeuse

Beatlegeuse Senior member

uhhh yeah, this is just false. Alden definitely still makes the LWB in C width - TSM has a bunch of C widths available on their site right now. Luckily, my C width snuff suede chukkas must have been in stock and they are en route to me right now. Probably won't get here until next Tuesday, since there is a holiday on Monday.

13. theclipper

theclipper Senior member

Yeah, I'm pretty bummed. I was really looking forward to finally getting a pair of Aldens.

14. NewYorkIslander

NewYorkIslander Senior member

Leffot Navy Suede LWB
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  15. chantheman

chantheman Senior member

16. Beatlegeuse

Beatlegeuse Senior member

Rob, love the combo with the plum ducks and navy suede....seems like it shouldn't work in theory but it looks great when paired up

17. stevent

stevent Senior member

Yeah Kiwi brushes are less than half the size of the Star ones. I ended up buying one for each shell color. It that really necessary or not? Need one for #8 now if it is, otherwise will probably just use my black or dark brown brush

18. AnOxymoron

AnOxymoron Senior member

Why does it matter if the brush is too small? 5.75 inches seems adequate enough.

19. Akeem

Akeem Senior member

I got my unlined chukkas from NRO today. There's slight pinching along the stitching on the medial side of the shoe. Does anyone have experience whether this will stretch out over time or should I change them for a wider size?

20. Costa

Costa Senior member

Received my suede Chukkas from NRO today. Was nice to add a staple for 20% off, again, thank you for the code.

Any input on treating the suede before wearing?

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.