• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doctor

Reaction score
Originally Posted by LeatherSOUL
Did I say 5 orders? I don't remember. Bottom line, if I like the idea, I'll make it, regardless if there is interest or not. I've made shoes in the past because customers gave me their ideas and I liked them.

Please keep in mind, the choices are very limited. Alden is pretty conservative when it comes to makeups. Plus, stuff like cigar, whiskey, and ravello are pretty much out of the question.

I may be pushing my luck, but I don't suppose it's possible to add a size 14E or 15D to a group buy (or whatever you want to call it) like the one being described? I have contacted Alden directly, and they can make these sizes in most styles by request. I think the Indy Boot was the one I didn't have as much luck with - they said they'd do a 15D, but not a 14E (which is the best size for me).

Badger

Reaction score
Sorry, don't know if this has been asked/said previously in this thread, if it has i didnt notice or see it and appologies if this is the case.

But does anyone know where Aldens are being sold at in London? Or if any UK webstores are selling them? I havent had any luck so far trying to find them and I'd really like to try grab a pair.

Thanks in advance.

Razele

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Did I say 5 orders? I don't remember. Bottom line, if I like the idea, I'll make it, regardless if there is interest or not. I've made shoes in the past because customers gave me their ideas and I liked them.

Please keep in mind, the choices are very limited. Alden is pretty conservative when it comes to makeups. Plus, stuff like cigar, whiskey, and ravello are pretty much out of the question.

Ah no awesome cordovan :-( Well, I don't think my idea's were that crazy or anything, just a few things that I never see done that would fill niches. A nice penny loafer, a black cordovan winter boot, a summer suede blucher etc I have to email you to get another pair of the flex welt chukka's anyway in brown suede, in a day or so. Thanks Tom

LeatherSOUL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Doctor
I may be pushing my luck, but I don't suppose it's possible to add a size 14E or 15D to a group buy (or whatever you want to call it) like the one being described? I have contacted Alden directly, and they can make these sizes in most styles by request. I think the Indy Boot was the one I didn't have as much luck with - they said they'd do a 15D, but not a 14E (which is the best size for me).

It really depends on the last and if it's available at the factory. If Alden said they couldn't do a 14E on the Indy, that means they don't have a Trubalance last in 14E.

We do preorder/special orders about once a month. Our next one will be released on our website sometime this week. If there is something on it or any future preorder you like, let me know and I will inquire about your size.

Originally Posted by Razele
Ah no awesome cordovan :-(

Well, I don't think my idea's were that crazy or anything, just a few things that I never see done that would fill niches.

A nice penny loafer, a black cordovan winter boot, a summer suede blucher etc

I have to email you to get another pair of the flex welt chukka's anyway in brown suede, in a day or so.

Thanks Tom

Cool, sounds good. Just let me know your ideas, or post them here to see if we can get enough interest to call them the SF boot or shoe II.

Razele

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sounds good Tom, I'll email you in a day or so.

It would be good if we could have a few models in the works, we should work on a SS model and then a FW model etc

Razele

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have always wanted a perfect pair of penny loafers.

I would love some unlined / half lined flex welt #8 cordovan plaza lasted penny loafers, maybe changing the penny window to be more traditional as well if I could.

Flex welt = mega comfortable.

Would be so nice. Incredibly hard to find a nice penny loafer these days.

Doctor

Reaction score
We do preorder/special orders about once a month. Our next one will be released on our website sometime this week. If there is something on it or any future preorder you like, let me know and I will inquire about your size.

You sir, are a gentleman. Thanks - I will be sure to keep an eye out. My lone pair of Aldens is crying out for company.

I might contact Alden directly just to see which lasts they have in my size. That would help eliminate future back-and-forthing. All I'd need to know is which last the shoe is made on and thus the possibility of placing an order.

crosswound

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
how does tru balance last compare to barrie? i'm thinking about buying some indy boots.

PaulYAY

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'd love to see a custom Aviator boot from Leather Soul. The ones posted by PP in the streatwear shoes/boots thread looked great.

skunkworks

Reaction score
Originally Posted by PaulYAY
I'd love to see a custom Aviator boot from Leather Soul. The ones posted by PP in the streatwear shoes/boots thread looked great.

+1

The suede + contrast sole looks awesome.

racknac

Reaction score
Originally Posted by hobscrk777
I'm almost 100% positive I'm going to be getting a pair of indy boots sometime in the next couple of months. It's only a matter of time at this point.
laugh.gif

yeah, I was gonna order some from LeatherSoul, but to be honest if I'm going to be throwing down $600+ I want to try them on to make sure the length and width is perfect. Since I live in LA now, might as well wait for them to open their store up!

Crossing my fingers that LeatherSoul will have some grand opening in store specials at their LA store.

racknac

Reaction score
Lots of reasons, mainly because we cater to a completely different clientele here versus LA so it doesn't transition well. I'm planning on going up to LA to train and open the shop and fly the LA guy to Hawaii to train here before we open LA.

FYI. One of your LA clientèle would like to see some PTBoots and Indys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 103 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 102 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.6%

Forum statistics

Threads