1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 7: A Made-to-Measure suit from Lanieri

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 6th auction of the year is for a Made-to-measure suit from Lanieri. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. velomane

velomane Senior Member

I am doing an interest check here to see if there is a market for ALDENS in CANADA. I may know a possible contact that may want to expand to Canada with the shoes. It will be done via online and shipped out of Toronto. As for inventory I am not sure as we will carry a handful of shoes / boots - guessing the most popular. I am unsure as I have just started to read the thread. I still have to see how much pricing will be.

If pricing was in line with currency equivalents in the US, I'd be interested. Unfortunately that rarely seems to happen. For example, look at the Red Wing prices at Get Outside in Toronto and you'll see what I mean.

2. charlesleoiv

charlesleoiv Member

I didnt think the price on the shortwings I posted was too bad (for Aldens, anyway). My 966s were $410 directly from Alden, and the ones from Blackbird are $423 with the SF discount.

Im small-time though, so I dont want to gamble that $423 on something I cant return.[​IMG]

Blackbird allows returns on webstore purchases, here is an except from the customer care section of BlackbirdBallard.com (http://www.blackbirdballard.com/customercare.html):

"Blackbird will gladly accept returns for items within 14 days of order delivery. The goods must be free from wear, stains, odor or any condition that would prevent them from being sold as new. Returned items must have their original tags attached and must be accompanied with a copy of the receipt. Items sold for a discount of 30% off or greater are considered “as is” and are not eligible for return."

Which is to say, you will get your money back.

3. somatoform

somatoform Distinguished Member

I am doing an interest check here to see if there is a market for ALDENS in CANADA. I may know a possible contact that may want to expand to Canada with the shoes. It will be done via online and shipped out of Toronto. As for inventory I am not sure as we will carry a handful of shoes / boots - guessing the most popular. I am unsure as I have just started to read the thread. I still have to see how much pricing will be.

Yes. But if prices are substantially higher than the US, no.

4. Paul L

Paul L New Member

I would definitely be interested. But as others said, it depends on the markup. I would be willing to pay a slight to moderate markup just to avoid the US shipping costs, but nothing too major.

5. crosswound

crosswound Distinguished Member

just picked up some alden longwing bluchers in cigar my first pair of aldens definately not my last though. i like these a lot.

6. BBSLM

BBSLM Distinguished Member

Blackbird allows returns on webstore purchases, here is an except from the customer care section of BlackbirdBallard.com (http://www.blackbirdballard.com/customercare.html):

"Blackbird will gladly accept returns for items within 14 days of order delivery. The goods must be free from wear, stains, odor or any condition that would prevent them from being sold as new. Returned items must have their original tags attached and must be accompanied with a copy of the receipt. Items sold for a discount of 30% off or greater are considered "as is" and are not eligible for return."

Which is to say, you will get your money back.

I think that goes for all other items. The shortwings I want specify in the description:

I guess because these are preorder.

7. BBSLM

BBSLM Distinguished Member

8. Notreknip

Notreknip Distinguished Member

I would definitely be interested. But as others said, it depends on the markup. I would be willing to pay a slight to moderate markup just to avoid the US shipping costs, but nothing too major.

+1

9. jim_n

jim_n Senior Member

+2, Canada needs some Alden love too

10. itsjustadrian

itsjustadrian Senior Member

just bought these off of oxnard. should be getting them in a couple of days. so excited! [​IMG]

11. mmm

mmm Senior Member

Price to canada is the only reason I havent bought a pair or two.

12. Razele

Razele Distinguished Member

I would love to do some Alden custom orders...

It sucks as you need like five people down.

We need five ballers to do a custom order.

I'm down, peeps should join.

Two models a year, FW and then SS. We all collaborate and get a model we all like.

Anyone up?

13. dsbkoko

dsbkoko Senior Member

I would love to do some Alden custom orders...

It sucks as you need like five people down.

We need five ballers to do a custom order.

I'm down, peeps should join.

Two models a year, FW and then SS. We all collaborate and get a model we all like.

Anyone up?

What were you thinking?...

14. Razele

Razele Distinguished Member

I have plenty of ideas.

My main bug is that alot of the lasts aren't that 'elegant' - I love the leydon and plaza lasts.

The Flex Welt is perfect for Spring / Summer. For Winter, I like a single leather sole, with front and back metal taps. Wet weather is hands down Commando with storm welt.

I know everyone loves thier Indy boots, but I would love some workboots, with a rear heel pull tab, no moc toe, a

Maybe we can get crazy leather too. Would love some natural cordovan flex welt boots and crazy stuff like that.

I dunno I'm kinda just throwing idea's out there, I love bespoke / custom / obscure items, and I find way too many custom models (except leather souls) are boring as heck.

15. Doctor

Doctor Senior Member

I would be in. They only do my size in custom orders... (except a few on theshoemart.com). I want some awesome boots.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.