***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LeatherSOUL

LeatherSOUL Senior member

I'd love to see a custom Aviator boot from Leather Soul. The ones posted by PP in the streatwear shoes/boots thread looked great.

What really is an Aviator boot?

2. 1969

1969 Senior member

Can I buy these anywhere besides Steven Alan? SA is sold out in my size. I need a size 8.5 http://www.stevenalan.com/product.ph...roductid=17637 [​IMG]
    They are an SA exclusive. Why not order a half size down and see if they fit? That's what I did...waiting on the box now. Will just eat the $13 to ship back if needed.

3. djh

djh Senior member

Pretty sure they're just talking about the one on Orvis's site.

I'd like to get something similar, with a 360 degree reverse welt as seen on longwings, ptb's, etc.

4. PinkPantser

PinkPantser Senior member

As I understand it we've come to use the term for a high blucher boot with a suede, roughout or waxed/oiled finish, [​IMG] [​IMG] or the ones I posted here

5. BBSLM

BBSLM Senior member

They are an SA exclusive.

Why not order a half size down and see if they fit? That's what I did...waiting on the box now. Will just eat the $13 to ship back if needed.

I wear 8.5 in other Aldens and even that is a little tight. No way I could an 8 unless these run huge. Plus im turned off by the fact that they are orthopedic shoes and the build quality isnt up to par with the standard Aldens.

Its tempting, though.

6. phoenixrecon

phoenixrecon Senior member

the regular Indy boot is an orthopedic shoe as well.

But when I went to craft the guys said they were getting a better model with a more quality construction

7. breakz

breakz Senior member

Just received these as a gift:

[​IMG]

I am a lucky, lucky man!!! 2010 is looking good. [​IMG]

Just pre-ordered these, April can't arrive soon enough.

8. AR_Six

AR_Six "Sookie!"

This looks like the same stuff as the vintage indys.

9. deveandepot1

deveandepot1 Senior member

I wear 8.5 in other Aldens and even that is a little tight. No way I could an 8 unless these run huge. Plus im turned off by the fact that they are orthopedic shoes and the build quality isnt up to par with the standard Aldens.

Its tempting, though.

FWIW Indy Boots are orthopedic shoes.[​IMG]

10. BBSLM

BBSLM Senior member

But when I went to craft the guys said they were getting a better model with a more quality construction
    nice, thats what I want to hear. is craft a retailer? edit: this looks like them. ill keep an eye out. http://blogs.undftd.com/undftd/2009/07/craft-la.html

11. phoenixrecon

phoenixrecon Senior member

nice, thats what I want to hear. is craft a retailer? edit: this looks like them. ill keep an eye out. http://blogs.undftd.com/undftd/2009/07/craft-la.html
    heres their blog. It is a rather hard to find blog so I figured I would post it here. Also they will add you to a email list you if you ask about the shoes. edit: would help if I linked it http://craftworkwear.blogspot.com/

12. breakz

breakz Senior member

These (snuff suede plain toe boot) are up for pre-order at Leather Soul. Bunch of others are up for pre-order too, see them here. If they had a crepe sole I'd be in trouble...

13. jaydc7

jaydc7 Senior member

If they had a crepe sole I'd be in trouble...

The J. Crew mens store in soho was selling a snuff suede boot with a crepe sole for $440. I saw them this past weekend but don't know about sizing.

14. Doctor

Doctor Senior member

These (snuff suede plain toe boot) are up for pre-order at Leather Soul. Bunch of others are up for pre-order too, see them here.

If they had a crepe sole I'd be in trouble...

Good gravy they are gorgeous!

15. framus

framus Active Member

Hi I just joined this forum. I've been wearing my AF43 from Alden of Carmel everyday since I bought them 8 months ago, they have been great. I wore them sledding, biking (sometimes) at work, to China, on gigs. I buff them occasionally, very little polish. Really great boot and after all this time still smell great.

One thing I wanted to check with you guys to see if anyone else has this problem. A couple months after I started to wear them the right tongue started to pull to the left, so basically a couple of times a day I have to straighten out the tongue. I like the laces tight so maybe this is the reason, but it doesn't happen on my Red Wing Gentleman Walkers.

Anyone else have this problem? Thanks in advance for your responses.

[​IMG]

Oh and a funny story how I got started wearing expensive but long-lasting shoes. One day I was reading a Real Simple magazine, not sure if I was in a doctors' office or looking through my wife's magazines, but there was a fluffy article titled, "What was your best purchase?" And the story consisted of respondents listing their top three purchases. Interestingly along with a dog, a lot of them said that "a good pair of shoes" was one of their best purchases. That got me thinking and one thing led to another, and after much research, I ended up taking that advice myself and bought myself some boots that hopefully will last me into retirement.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.