• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

stant62

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Would anyone care to share the most recent ShoeMart Alden seconds list for size 9D?

Thanks in advance,
Stan

applky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
from a retailer's (Unionmade) perspective, Barrie last sells way better than other lasts. However, this is primarily for a customer who wants boots to wear with jeans.

This is a valuable perspective. I am someone who will likely never buy on the Trubalance or Barrie lasts again (unless I can preorder a C width), but can understand why retailers get the Barrie last. It looks fine, and fits most everyone well. People who branch out into any other last you care to name most likely is a relatively knowledgeable person about shoes. There are probably many people out there who just, in their lives, are going to get one shell cordovan shoe, and that shoe is probably going to be the 975 (#8 Barrie LWB), or a PTB or boot of some kind also on the Barrie.

All of us who are calling for non-Barrie shoes are most likely people who own comparable shoes from other makers.

WhoKnewI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Well, I'm sliding around so I feel like the shoe loosened up side to side but seems to have gotten shorter some, causing my toes to touch the front. I am really frustrated because I love these shoes.
It's not that they got shorter, its that ur foot just slides to the most narrow point of the toe because they are loose. maybe tongue pads will help keep you foot in place?

Trinitrogen Oxide

Reaction score
Jack Spade is doing 30 percent off this weekend, last time they did this it was August and I picked up beautiful pair of Indys. Really small selection though. They really only carry the 405, a beautiful cordovan wing time, suede chukka and a suede buck.

advan031

Reaction score
I got my Indy's today from Leffot...however the left boot already has a crease. Am I being anal?

jasonfoote303

Reaction score

I got my Indy's today from Leffot...however the left boot already has a crease. Am I being anal?

Keep them. That's just how Chromexcel looks when it bends. If you send them back, the next pair will end up looking the same. The leather on the standard 405's doesn't do this

advan031

Reaction score
Alright fair enough...I'm glad i got the size right:slayer: however these don't look too good imo in my 710vx but looks great with the F380:)

Last edited:

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^ these look great. I dont think I have ever seen this combination before.

Btw, has anyone visited the Leathersoul Waikiki location recently? Was wondering about the expansion construction

themache

Reaction score
Cigar Captoe's from Alden DC arrived today. Grant last, commando sole. Let the break-in process commence.

Sorry for the iphone photos and poor lighting. Maybe I'll snap more in natural light tomorrow.

No Flash

Flash (having rotation issues)

Loved seeing this on the unlined tongue.

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^ I love that too, its a pleasant surprise. makes me feel like a kid again. :happy:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads