• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Alden Thread for 2023 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice, and Photos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Does anyone know if Alden is making natural Chromexcel models again? I have always wanted a pair of natural CXL plain toe bluchers, and my natural Chromexcel Indy boots are a size too short and and a size too wide, would like to replace them .
Alden is not making Natty CXL any longer, I would love a couple more pair, but alas......

skinny

Reaction score
I just received a new pair of Alden's Burgundy Calfskin Leisure Handsewn 984 loafers, which I bought online from The Shoe Mart, and while impeccable on the outside, they both have this dark stain inside on the soles. See photos. What caused this, and is it just something to ignore or return? They no longer have the same size in stock, and nobody else does either. Thanks!

IMG_1717.jpeg
IMG_1718.jpeg
IMG_1719.jpeg

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I just received a new pair of Alden's Burgundy Calfskin Leisure Handsewn 984 loafers, which I bought online from The Shoe Mart, and while impeccable on the outside, they both have this dark stain inside on the soles. See photos. What caused this, and is it just something to ignore or return? They no longer have the same size in stock, and nobody else does either. Thanks!

View attachment 1875035 View attachment 1875036 View attachment 1875037
Looks like a dye stain. Who cares? It’s on the footbed that will be dark as it gets soaked with sweat.

Misterg12

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Got a little heavy handed on the finishing it looks like. Not going to hurt a thing

smmrfld

Reaction score

Unfortunately, as Alden QC has declined, more flaws like sloppy dye applications get through and are sold as firsts rather than seconds. Not a big deal on cheaper shoes, but Alden really should do better for the prices they are now charging.

skinny

Reaction score
Unfortunately, as Alden QC has declined, more flaws like sloppy dye applications get through and are sold as firsts rather than seconds. Not a big deal on cheaper shoes, but Alden really should do better for the prices they are now charging.

Agreed. I gathered it wasn't important, as it's not visible, but yeah, it shouldn't be there for the price they charge. Still, I'm happy to support a Made in the USA company, one local to me as well. I would have purchased directly from them, but their lead time is 16 weeks or so...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johndavid20224