• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • The 2024 Styleforum and Epaulet Alpaca Project

For the third year in a row, we're thrilled to partner with @Epaulet to bring you an exclusive collection of luxurious sweaters, hats, jackets, and blankets in Peruvian Alpaca.

Details can be found here

The Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Alden Thread for 2023 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice, and Photos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

sazon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Another Lost and Found Color 84 boot
Very 4ish from the back

IMG_5269.jpeg
IMG_5272.jpeg

Mghart

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I can't be the only one who thinks the Indy shoe is dreck, right?
I think it really depends on the make up. The standard shoe doesn’t work as well as the boot version.. but something like this is way more elegant IMO.

IMG_4329.jpeg

I’ve been wanting to try and get something similar made but on black neocork, and now if machine stitch shell is on the table that would even be better. I haven’t been a particular fan of the wedge sole shoes as it just looks oddly disproportionate (better on a boot though)

Hisheirness23

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Traveled for work today. Even though I'm PreCheck, I have to take my shoes off b/c of the metal shank, so I chose my easiest on/off.
View attachment 1964163
Only annoying feature of Aldens is the metal shank going through TSA. If I'm wearing boots, I just tell them I have steel toes and they let me go through the body scanner (I have precheck) as opposed to the metal detector. But I always carry a shoe horn with my carry-on luggage just in case.

GGMac

Reaction score
Indy shoes are great. The TB last fits my foot very well, but Indy boots in my best fitting size are too much around the ankles. It would be nice to have a version on neocork.
Yenni has one…

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I can't be the only one who thinks the Indy shoe is dreck, right?

I wouldn’t say dreck, but it does provide a look and solution not everyone has. I have a pair that I use in wet weather.

Hisheirness23

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Go get your Color 4 shell straight-tip boots. Alden is saying it's #8 there's just no way.
Appreciate the heads up! Figured I couldn't pass on this opportunity (especially at that price, considering rare shell going for over $1k). My pair has some blemishes that are visible on the uppers, but the shade cannot be argued...these are definitely closer to Color 4 than Color 8!
PXL_20230526_222910510.jpg

PXL_20230526_222919185.jpg

PXL_20230526_222932400.jpg

PXL_20230526_222941786.jpg

PXL_20230526_223001510.jpg

PXL_20230526_223012176.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

Do you coordinate your watch strap with your shoes or belt?

• Always

• Sometimes

• Never

• I don't pay attention

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hieromance