• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Last Day to save 20% sitewide at Kirby Allison's annual Father's Day Sale! !

Kirby Allison is one of Styleforum's original success stories, beginning long ago with Kirby;s Hanger Project. Every year, Kirby holds a Father's Day Sale featuring some of the best accessories and shoe care products in the world. Take this opportunity to get something for your father, grandfather, or yourself, at a rare 20% discount (discount taken automatically at the checkout). See if you find that perfect hanger, shoe cream, or watch case here

Enjoy

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Alden Thread for 2021 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice, and Photos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mdubs

The Mayor of Aldensville
Reaction score
Thursday. Alden Amaretto Shell Cordovan Wingtip Balmorals.

6469CB7A-F3A7-4AAC-B173-2954F182648B.jpeg

C07D1BE8-8F35-48E2-9D71-5006AA5B5E08.jpeg

27571EAF-D409-4015-97E9-E1BC606517FA.jpeg

8CE6E986-0832-40D0-A97C-E26C1E5370CC.jpeg

F8A40226-AD79-4C65-9CB3-29FE270D17EE.jpeg

-Mike

Frank Hall

Reaction score
Unsure how to adjust my Barrie sizing, and contemplating a preorder leads me to ask you folks instead of waiting to be sized in person:

Trubalance 9E fits me snugly and well
Barrie 9E in a flat welt wingtip boot was a little too snug across the foot. Doable with thin socks but I eventually sold the pair.
Barrie 9E in an unlined Dover feels very comfortable but the outside edge of my foot visibly pushes over the welt.

The heels in both Barrie makeups are fine and I worry about them getting too big.
What's a better bet: 9EE or 9.5E?

Thanks in advance!
Hi MattW,

From your description our feet must be similar in size. I wear either a 9 e or 9.5 e in Barrie and the shoes fit snugly across my foot from the ball to the outside edge. I have tried a 9 ee and it does fit better across, and the outside edge of my foot does not hang over the welt as much. However, the heel is a bit wide for me in the 9 ee - enough to notice. The 9.5 e fits better across my foot, but it is a bit too long. With the 9.5 e, tongue pads will help push your foot back into the heel and give a better fit. You probably need to try them on and see what works best. One other note - the 9.5 e size is easier to find or order than a 9 d/ee, which needs to be specially ordered on stock shoes and boots, and is not always available to order on special makeups.

mattw

Reaction score
Hi MattW,

From your description our feet must be similar in size. I wear either a 9 e or 9.5 e in Barrie and the shoes fit snugly across my foot from the ball to the outside edge. I have tried a 9 ee and it does fit better across, and the outside edge of my foot does not hang over the welt as much. However, the heel is a bit wide for me in the 9 ee - enough to notice. The 9.5 e fits better across my foot, but it is a bit too long. With the 9.5 e, tongue pads will help push your foot back into the heel and give a better fit. You probably need to try them on and see what works best. One other note - the 9.5 e size is easier to find or order than a 9 d/ee, which needs to be specially ordered on stock shoes and boots, and is not always available to order on special makeups.

Frank,

Thank you very much for your reply, better than I hoped for. I happen to see an open preorder with wide open sizing including the EE, hence the question. Will have to think it over but 9.5E might be the way to go.

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Happy Friday forum pals. Ready for a short trip to Jersey for lunch.

IMG_0544.jpg

NYCTechNerd

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
How are you all managing the heat and wearing long pants and shoes?

The city is going through another heat wave, I am still WFH, and can't bring myself to wear anything "heavier" than shorts, golf/polo shirts, and sneakers when I venture outside.

The one time I did over a week ago, I was wearing my trusty 9794s to have a steak dinner with old college friends but I was simply soaked with sweat when I showed up for dinner due to the 96 degree temp, unbearable humidity, and subway heat (while waiting on the platform for the actual train to arrive).

IMG_2639.jpg
IMG_2641.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics