• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Alden Thread for 2021 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice, and Photos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

savvysartorial

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

NYCTechNerd

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
My wife says I have too many of the same brown suede shoes. How can she not see the differences?
Brown Suede Shoes.jpg

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Wingtip Wednesday

33E6ED0A-DEFE-4E57-ADF4-CD8E222D340F.jpeg

Shawnc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Breaking in the Tom lasted loafers from Brogue. Am able to wear them while walking the pooch as much of the snow has melted. Decided to give them a quick wiping/brushing after our morning walk.......

20210224_081434.jpg
20210224_081431.jpg
20210224_080939.jpg
20210224_085829.jpg

These things already exhibit amazing color. Really looking forward to getting these into the rotation once things start approaching normal.

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

scurvyfreedman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Got outside today for the first time a couple weeks. The snow has melted and it's in the mid-50s. Didn't do much. just dropped my newly minted teenage daughter off for pizza with her best friend. It's the first time they're together in a couple months. At least they get to sit outside on the curb and eat a slice socially distanced from each other. LOL.

Even in the mid-day light, the shadows are long this time of year. It's hard to get a good pic. DC Cigar U-tips still bringing as much joy as they did when they arrived. Even my wife has remarked how nice they are when she saw me put them on. My Color #8 Indys don't even get a second glance.

Unknown-1.jpeg

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Got outside today for the first time a couple weeks. The snow has melted and it's in the mid-50s. Didn't do much. just dropped my newly minted teenage daughter off for pizza with her best friend. It's the first time they're together in a couple months. At least they get to sit outside on the curb and eat a slice socially distanced from each other. LOL.

Even in the mid-day light, the shadows are long this time of year. It's hard to get a good pic. DC Cigar U-tips still bringing as much joy as they did when they arrived. Even my wife has remarked how nice they are when she saw me put them on. My Color #8 Indys don't even get a second glance.

View attachment 1561837
These look amazing. Was this part of that Mocha/Cigar run they just did?

scurvyfreedman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
These look amazing. Was this part of that Mocha/Cigar run they just did?

Yes. I was part of the second distribution. When I bought my color #8 I asked if they were going to run Cigar at any point. They put me on the Mocha list. After a year of being told Mocha/Cigar/Mocha/Cigar, my pair came in as Cigar. I couldn't have been happier. I wanted Cigar and got it. I know everyone has their preferences, but Cigar is my favorite shade of shell. I just love med-dark brown shoes. My dark oak Alfred Sargents are my favorite dress shoes.

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes. I was part of the second distribution. When I bought my color #8 I asked if they were going to run Cigar at any point. They put me on the Mocha list. After a year of being told Mocha/Cigar/Mocha/Cigar, my pair came in as Cigar. I couldn't have been happier. I wanted Cigar and got it. I know everyone has their preferences, but Cigar is my favorite shade of shell. I just love med-dark brown shoes. My dark oak Alfred Sargents are my favorite dress shoes.
Gotcha, I haven't gotten to wear my mocha pair out in the sun so I was just trying to gauge what they would potentially look like

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Staff online

Forum statistics