• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Alden Thread for 2021 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice, and Photos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

lcdx22

Reaction score
Well after 2 years of being on the waitlist for a Ravello LWB at the SF store, I am still on that list and waiting...

In the meantime I just got these to fill the void. I believe it's from the 2018 run based on the date code. Love this shade of whiskey.

Happy Saturday gentlemen.

PXL_20210116_183037320.PORTRAIT~2.jpg

mdubs

The Mayor of Aldensville
Reaction score
I've been getting drowned by work as of lately; hence, I've become a hermit crab, I literally haven't gone out until today for the past week or so. Therefore, I decided to take a personal day. I took out my shell LHS since it was a sunny day here, 90 degrees in LA. Snapped a pic during a walk with my dog. I personally really like the color of Alden's #8, although I am interested to see how it ages. Does anyone else wear shell footwear if one is doing long walks?

I hear you on the hermit crab thing. Other than dog walks, the first time I left the house this week was this morning to go to the grocery store. I sometimes wear my Shells on the walks but sometimes I switch. Depends on my mood and desire to brush. Your 986A’s are looking truly exquisute

Color 8 Indys on Neocork. Brick and Mortar.
View attachment 1536646

Saz, those Neocork King Indy’s are looking great! I have a pair being made for me right and am looking forward to meeting them. Those have matured really nicely!

Happy Saturday forum pals. Off to the local farmer's market for some provisions.

View attachment 1536833

Doc, your Brassed out Brown CXL Indy’s are looking great on you today!

Not enough snow to shovel, but enough for me to wear Commando sole View attachment 1536839

Looking great Au, those NattyCXL PCTs are looking superb and glad that you didn’t have to bust out the shovel!

Just wanted to share this full brass conversion done by Bedo's on a stock pair of 403

View attachment 1536848

View attachment 1536849

V, those standard old 403’s are looking truly superb with your modifications. A really cool twist to have that with the Neocork!

Walking down for shopping
View attachment 1536878

Galileo, you are looking great in your Suede Tassels! A great and modern classic.

Well after 2 years of being on the waitlist for a Ravello LWB at the SF store, I am still on that list and waiting...

In the meantime I just got these to fill the void. I believe it's from the 2018 run based on the date code. Love this shade of whiskey.

Happy Saturday gentlemen.

View attachment 1536946

Your Whiskey LWBs are looking great, a great model. Those look very similar to my pair from 2014. I believe that SF is going to be a bit of a wait as they have been asked to diversify their exotic offering by the factory, thus why their most recent run was the Ravello Barrie NST Blucher.

View attachment 1536953
For a 75 degree day here. I'll have to break down soon and wear socks.. going to be a bone chilling 65 in a few days..boot weather for us Sonoran's.

Chippy, your Natty CXL Tassels are looking good. Good luck in the frigid winter cold.

View attachment 1537007
choco suede u-tip saddle

ShoeTree, looking very good. A great saddle shoe! I really enjoy my pair as well!

-Mike

H. E. Pennypacker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@mdubs It gets tough, sometimes personal days are very much required during current events, and thank you. I was on the fence initially, but I love Alden's LHS pattern.

Brogue's Easyday Blucher looks great. It's my first time seeing it. The moc toe blucher has also been tempting me. I like the stock Leisure 2 blucher........in snuff, it truly is tempting me. My whole Alden collection might as well be snuff suede hahah. I don't care for Alden's 'rare' shell, but their snuff suede shade is perfection for me.

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

H. E. Pennypacker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Man I have no words to describe how much I dislike rolled up jeans, but apparently a lot of people is doing that so maybe I'm just an old **** that don't understand. The boots are great!!
Lmao. Once when I visited my mom, she commented on how I finally purchased a pair of well-fitting jeans, they were uncuffed. I didn't think much of it at the time, but then I realized during her time, cuffed/rolled-up jeans were a sign of ill-fitting clothes and maybe frowned upon.

A single cuff is the sweet spot for me. A double cuff can be too much sometimes for me.

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Man I have no words to describe how much I dislike rolled up jeans, but apparently a lot of people is doing that so maybe I'm just an old **** that don't understand. The boots are great!!
I would get all of my jeans hemmed, but the only place in my town who can do a decent (chain stitch) job has been closed since March due to COVID, so cuff's it is.....

lcdx22

Reaction score
Your Whiskey LWBs are looking great, a great model. Those look very similar to my pair from 2014. I believe that SF is going to be a bit of a wait as they have been asked to diversify their exotic offering by the factory, thus why their most recent run was the Ravello Barrie NST Blucher.

-Mike

Thanks Mike. Yeah I heard about the wanted diversification at SF. They don't seem to be too excited about it so hopefully can keep squeezing in their staples.

NYCTechNerd

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Brogue's Easyday Blucher looks great. It's my first time seeing it. The moc toe blucher has also been tempting me. I like the stock Leisure 2 blucher........in snuff, it truly is tempting me. My whole Alden collection might as well be snuff suede hahah. I don't care for Alden's 'rare' shell, but their snuff suede shade is perfection for me.

If I did not have a stock 9503 Brown PTB on the way, I would probably get that Easyday reverse chamois PTB

That specific mocc toe speaks to me because it is more like an NST than a PTB or Derbie, I really like how it only has the stitching on the apron and front of the shoe rather than down the side or rear quarter.

If only that chukka were 6 eyelet...............
I worry that a slightly taller 6 eyelet chukkah would rub my ankle which I would not like.

**** the for me issue is surfing the web looking for special make-ups because if we were not in the middle of a pandemic I would have been out with my wife this afternoon/evening doing fun stuff and then having dinner in a restaurant rather than eating day old pizza because I am too afraid to go out and get a fresh slice. She had crackers and hummus but at least we ate at the dining room table by candlelight****

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads