• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Alden Thread for 2021 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice, and Photos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

scurvyfreedman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I haven't worn boots in over two weeks, having had knee surgery and been off my feet. I went to the office one day last week and wore loafers. Other than that It's mostly been driving shoes around the house. Yesterday I began PT, so I should be back in the boot game soon. When you spend a fully week in bed and then a week on crutches, you start missing things you used to do. Perhaps not surprisingly among this group, I miss wearing my boots.

Hisheirness23

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Color 8 Jumper Boots from Alden Madison for Perf Cap Toe Thursday (not a thing, but what the heck). Was admiring these this afternoon and noticed the eggplant shade it has in the sun.
PXL_20210805_234131058.jpg

Thrift Couture

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks! An ideal summer shoe IMO. These lined 9Ds have the tiniest bit of heel slip (and getting better all the time), but in chasing perfection tried 9C in shell. Swing and a miss. At least now I know the D is best. Hopefully unlike me you’ve got a way of getting dialed in that doesn’t involve losing several hundred dollars!
I definitely want to get down to my local stockist and get sized. There are a couple of pre-orders I would like to grab.

Thrift Couture

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I haven't worn boots in over two weeks, having had knee surgery and been off my feet. I went to the office one day last week and wore loafers. Other than that It's mostly been driving shoes around the house. Yesterday I began PT, so I should be back in the boot game soon. When you spend a fully week in bed and then a week on crutches, you start missing things you used to do. Perhaps not surprisingly among this group, I miss wearing my boots.
You'll be back in no time. Speedy recovery!

denimondenimondenim

Reaction score

also wishing you a safe and swift recovery.

on another note, i stumbled on this recently and i was entertained. i tried to look up more info on it but since the actor who played young han solo is named alden thats like the only thing that came up lol

59D881AF-ED66-43A1-A3E7-B6B1E0F4F71A.jpeg

mogili222

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sun-soaking is so hit or miss. Fortunately for you, these are the former. They look great. Nicely done!
Thank you. I bought these preowned and already sun faded. I agree though that sun soaking is so hit or miss with some panels fading way different than the other ones.

savvysartorial

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
B+M
I had to be convinced on the neocork as i was eyeing commando but really happy with neocork. It’s durable and lighter weight. These indys are the only boots i brought for the 2 weeks we’re here.
Dropped by B+M yesterday
View attachment 1649223
and got in on the tan nubuck indy preorder.
Super excited for those!

Great boots!! I was planning on cork but they got sold before I bought them, so I had to go with commando. I hope you enjoy them!

Shawnc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thank you. I bought these preowned and already sun faded. I agree though that sun soaking is so hit or miss with some panels fading way different than the other ones.

For me, it's not an issue of consistency as I kind of like that. But of, when you strip away the surface you see the defects in the shell. That's what I'm not a fan of.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads