• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

THE OFFICIAL ALDEN THREAD FOR 2020 - SHARE REVIEWS, SIZING, ADVICE, AND PHOTOS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thrift Couture

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wednesday. Alden Color #4 Cap Toe Boot.

I recently received a small promotion within my Company. Today was supposed to be my last day in my current office, as I plan to move offices on Saturday. I now say supposed to, because I have to go in again tomorrow now... I don't think that I can move my conference room table like I did last time, although I may still do it... So I decided to go out with a bang, Color #4...

View attachment 1468783

View attachment 1468784

View attachment 1468785

View attachment 1468786

-Mike
Congrats!!! Does that make you the Governor of Aldensville now? Lol!

ScarsdaleVibe

Reaction score
27AC125A-D899-475B-8153-BF8535461F19.jpeg

Tanker Thursday

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
@audog Saw your smooth earth chamois Indys on the B/S/T. Can you take a pic of those next to the reverse chamois you have? I just want to see them side by side. Doesn't matter if they are different colors, I just want to see the contrast in texture.

Looking at the tobacco chamois Indy chukkas and can't decide between smooth and reverse.

Thanks in advance.
I sold the reverse chamois Indy's I had a while back, for the same reason I'm selling the smooth ones now. But here are photos
IMG_4718.jpeg
IMG_4719.jpeg
of the smooth next to another pair of reverse earth chamois boots

fushaw

Reaction score
How does the Barrie last compare to a Whites Semi-Dress last? My only reference pair of boots I have are a pair of 8.5C/E Bounty Hunter's and they've been fitting great so far. I like the high instep and the roomy toebox.

Would I size similarly in the barrie last? My Brannock is usually 9E/9.5DorE

scurvyfreedman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I sold the reverse chamois Indy's I had a while back, for the same reason I'm selling the smooth ones now. But here are photos View attachment 1469032 View attachment 1469033 of the smooth next to another pair of reverse earth chamois boots

Thanks. This is exactly what I was looking for. I think I like the depth of texture of the reverse better, even though I like AoC's pics of the smooth better. Their pics are too good.

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Circling back to a discussion from a couple weeks ago, caved and picked up a pair of Iron Heart 555-03s. Love the fit and feel of these and went with black and tan today with my Whiskey PTBs

View attachment 1469041 View attachment 1469042
They look really good. Are you happy with the taper and leg opening? If I recall, that was your hang up with them

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Ravello for errands. Congratulations to mdubs on the promotion. No doubt that his shoes contributed to the decision.

A7DCCFD5-B344-4AD1-90CD-FD2D0BD394B7.jpeg

Vocans

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They look really good. Are you happy with the taper and leg opening? If I recall, that was your hang up with them

Thanks. I think so, I may still slightly taper them at some point from the knee down but I'm certainly happy with the look for the time being. The thighs fit perfectly, which I view as the critical fit point since it's the hardest to change.

mdubs

The Mayor of Aldensville
Reaction score
Congrats, Mike! Will you wear color2 tomorrow then?
Congratulations! Corner Office with windows???? Oh and boots look beautiful.
Congrats @mdubs on the promotion! A little non-Alden shell working towards the weekend here.
Congrats!!! Does that make you the Governor of Aldensville now? Lol!

Thanks guys. Still Mayor Mike. Going with Amaretto today. :)

-Mike

Vincent George

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wednesday. Alden Color #4 Cap Toe Boot.

I recently received a small promotion within my Company. Today was supposed to be my last day in my current office, as I plan to move offices on Saturday. I now say supposed to, because I have to go in again tomorrow now... I don't think that I can move my conference room table like I did last time, although I may still do it... So I decided to go out with a bang, Color #4...

View attachment 1468783

View attachment 1468784

View attachment 1468785

View attachment 1468786

-Mike
Congrats, fella.

What shoes are you going to buy to celebrate?

:stirpot:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads