• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Alden Thread for 2019 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice, and Photos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JSO1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thank you for the information! I have asked this question to TSM before, but they said that "Perhaps the last digit rubbed off of your shoe. We did not carry a 2214 Ravello NST". Since my question hadn't been solved, I asked here again. After all, I'm wondering which store had made 2214. Could anyone tell me if you know. There’s no rush, do it when you have time.

Email online (at) aldenshoe.com and ask. They’ll be able to tell you.

AEShoeMan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Alden x JCrew for another Monday in the office.
20190114_074303-jpg.1106639

savvysartorial

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Very sharp. I've owned a pair of 9016 and will likely own a pair again.

Thank you so much. They really are incredible. A really underappreciated model around here; I only know of two gents who own one.

The fit and finish on Alden shoes is really top notch.

What happened to your pair of 9016? I suspect you wore them a fair bit being in NY with the dress environment.

DWH

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Happy Monday! Trying to be Mr. CEO today with the shirt/tie combo and a special maiden voyage. My first brand new pair of Alden shell.

Alden model 9016, black shell cordovan. Killer finish on these and not seen around here much. Love the style, just a bit of flair from a cap toe.

View attachment 1106632 View attachment 1106633 View attachment 1106635
So Hampton? What size did you go with and had you tried half size up from the one you’re wearing? I’d love to get a black shell balmoral.

1wb

Reaction score
Happy Monday! Trying to be Mr. CEO today with the shirt/tie combo and a special maiden voyage. My first brand new pair of Alden shell.

Alden model 9016, black shell cordovan. Killer finish on these and not seen around here much. Love the style, just a bit of flair from a cap toe.

View attachment 1106632 View attachment 1106633 View attachment 1106635

Great shoes - enjoy and wear in good health. Just a suggestion: when you have a chance, re-lace those with straight lacing.

Alcibiades

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thank you so much. They really are incredible. A really underappreciated model around here; I only know of two gents who own one.

The fit and finish on Alden shoes is really top notch.

What happened to your pair of 9016? I suspect you wore them a fair bit being in NY with the dress environment.

I went through a few years where I had a less formal dress code, so I sold them. Now, I'm increasingly in a more formal dress code, with suits four days a week. I already have a pair of calskin black balmorals from another maker (Edward Green), and these would make a good addition, especially with the punch toe pattern.

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

savvysartorial

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So Hampton? What size did you go with and had you tried half size up from the one you’re wearing? I’d love to get a black shell balmoral.

Yes, Hampton last! I am wearing an 11.5C, the same size as my Aberdeen. I never tried a half size up as I know they would swim on me. The only thing I am interested in seeing is if 11C feels fine. However, the 11.5C feels pretty darn good all over.

Is it almost a given that Aberdeen and Hampton are the same size? In other words, it's impossible to wear Hampton a half size down from Aberdeen?

Great shoes - enjoy and wear in good health. Just a suggestion: when you have a chance, re-lace those with straight lacing.

Thank you, they have some serious pizzazz!

I will certainly be re-lacing them with straight lacing. I try to break my shoes in with cross lacing and after a handful of wears, move to the straight lacing. I feel it breaks in easier.

I went through a few years where I had a less formal dress code, so I sold them. Now, I'm increasingly in a more formal dress code, with suits four days a week. I already have a pair of calskin black balmorals from another maker (Edward Green), and these would make a good addition, especially with the punch toe pattern.

Excellent! I wish you the best of luck in getting them. Luckily it's a stock model so as long as you're not an odd size like me, you can call anytime and order!

I agree. I prefer the straight euro as it tightens/loosens easier https://www.fieggen.com/shoelace/straighteuropeanlacing.htm but the straight bar is fine too https://www.fieggen.com/shoelace/straightbarlacing.htm

When I break in all my new shoes, I'll be switching to this style because you highly recommend it.

savvysartorial

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

DWH

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@savvysartorial It’s never a given. I don’t have a lot of experience with either. I’d love to have my pick of all lasts in 11.5 - 12.5 in A and B widths. Maybe even a C on the shorter sizes. I’d spend the day trying them all on and then I would no longer be able to buy groceries.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads