• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Alden Thread for 2019 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice, and Photos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

AEShoeMan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Natty cxl closing out a crazy work week. Enjoy your weekends gents!
20191206_193402.jpg
20191206_091740.jpg

Vocans

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Very interesting. Do you know if certain shades are exclusive to Alden? I’ve seen whiskey from C&J and cigar from I believe Viberg, but haven’t seen ravello elsewhere. I just received unlined Amaretto loafers from a Carmina GMTO but sadly have to send them back due to quality issues.

Ravello and cigar are both alden exclusives, though I've seen other makers refer to their brown shell as cigar before. Whiskey isn't.

JoeRogan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone have a photo of something in color #2??? I've seen photos of 4, own 8's but never even heard of color 2.

It's basically the same as Garnet. If Garnet is anything like Bourbon, it's failed Color #2 like Bourbon is failed Whiskey

Vocans

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's basically the same as Garnet. If Garnet is anything like Bourbon, it's failed Color #2 like Bourbon is failed Whiskey

Garnet, ruby and color 2 are all the same color (at least per Nick Horween). To my knowledge, to make Bourbon they just start with lower clarity shells but subject it to the same dye process as Whiskey. I assume they do it to make more lighter color shells available to the market.

mdubs

The Mayor of Aldensville
Reaction score

mdubs

The Mayor of Aldensville
Reaction score
To my knowledge, amaretto and mocha are about as rare as color 2. I know of only two runs of each, though there may have been more made for overseas markets. But, Color 8 is called king for a good reason in my book!

There have been three runs of Amaretto to date that I am aware of, Citi’s Jumpers, LS’s Wingtip Balmorals, and Tassel’s Tankers.

There has been a few runs of Mocha recently as well, the original Leffot CT Boot, the recent Tankers, and the LS Perf Tip Balmorals. Alden had some in inventory recently but ran out as they canceled a run on DC.

-Mike

mdubs

The Mayor of Aldensville
Reaction score
Ravello and cigar are both alden exclusives, though I've seen other makers refer to their brown shell as cigar before. Whiskey isn't.

That is correct, I have seen that written by Horween. The only other exclusives that I have heard of is AE getting Walnut and I believe their new Chili is exclusive as well.

-Mike

JSO1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There have been three runs of Amaretto to date that I am aware of, Citi’s Jumpers, LS’s Wingtip Balmorals, and Tassel’s Tankers.

There has been a few runs of Mocha recently as well, the original Leffot CT Boot, the recent Tankers, and the LS Perf Tip Balmorals. Alden had some in inventory recently but ran out as they canceled a run on DC.

-Mike

There was also a mocha unlined Dover for a shop in Asia and a mocha ptb for a shop in Italy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads