• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mdubs

The Mayor of Aldensville
Reaction score
Ravello NST boots from TSM for my daughter’s graduation day (she finished second grade).
View attachment 986999

Tommy, your Ravello NSTs are looking amazing, but even more so, congratulations on your daughter's graduation from second grade!

Had a great time at @jpm1 Alton Alan meet and great last night. Lots of fun,food, drink, conversation and I finally got to meet @M635Guy . I love how a simple shoe forum brings people to gather.
View attachment 987001

Glad that you, JPM, and M635 had a good time!!! Yeah, it is fun how seemingly small connections can go a long way...

These were one of my first Alden purchases, 10+ years ago.

View attachment 987028

Patrick, well, you had good wisdom back then too, they look great still to this day!

SV, your Ravello WT Boots are looking absolutely spectacular!

Wow, great pickup! Those LHSes are fantastic my friend!!!

-Mike

mdubs

The Mayor of Aldensville
Reaction score
Thursday. Alden Ravello Medallion Cap Toe Blucher. Marcoliani Navy Argyles OTC. Epaulet Navy Super 130's Flannel Walt Trousers.

Alden Ravello MCT Bluchers - 2018-06-07 - 1.jpg

-Mike

breck81

Reaction score
Lucky for me I hit it nearly two years ago. Really something to look forward to.

And to think I was dreading it. Now...not so much ;).

Due to a family history of colon cancer I get to go in two years instead of 7-10 years!!! Hip hip Poohray!

Sorry I couldn’t resist. *insert laughing/crying emoji*

Akeem

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Due to a family history of colon cancer I get to go in two years instead of 7-10 years!!! Hip hip Poohray!

Sorry I couldn’t resist. *insert laughing/crying emoji*

damn, that sucks. at least you're getting a colonic cleanse every 2 years.

Bob21

Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm a longtime lurker; I've been looking to purchase my first pair of Aldens for a while now and settled on the unlined suede chukkas with the flex sole. I'm hoping for some advice on sizing since I haven't had an opportunity to get in store to try them on and a pair just popped up on TSM. Seems like a good time for a Father's Day gift to myself, right?

I'm a wider 10.5D on the brannock with a high arch. On AE's 5/511 last and Carmina's Soller, I've gone with 10.5E in AE and 9.5 with Carmina and found them to be a good fit. AE's Gobi chukka in 10.5D is probably the most comfortable shoe I own.

The Alden's I'm looking at would be 11D on the Leydon. From reading back through previous posts, most people seem to agree the Leydon runs narrow. I know the rule of thumb regarding a half size/width so I'm hoping to hear thoughts on whether taking the plunge on these might be a good idea. TSM has an excellent return policy but I worry I'd talk myself into just keeping them once I received them even if fit wasn't ideal.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions/thoughts!

DWH

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm a longtime lurker; I've been looking to purchase my first pair of Aldens for a while now and settled on the unlined suede chukkas with the flex sole. I'm hoping for some advice on sizing since I haven't had an opportunity to get in store to try them on and a pair just popped up on TSM. Seems like a good time for a Father's Day gift to myself, right?

I'm a wider 10.5D on the brannock with a high arch. On AE's 5/511 last and Carmina's Soller, I've gone with 10.5E in AE and 9.5 with Carmina and found them to be a good fit. AE's Gobi chukka in 10.5D is probably the most comfortable shoe I own.

The Alden's I'm looking at would be 11D on the Leydon. From reading back through previous posts, most people seem to agree the Leydon runs narrow. I know the rule of thumb regarding a half size/width so I'm hoping to hear thoughts on whether taking the plunge on these might be a good idea. TSM has an excellent return policy but I worry I'd talk myself into just keeping them once I received them even if fit wasn't ideal.

Excellent Father's day gift to yourself! Get other sizes from TSM so you'll know whether or not there is a better size out there for you. I haven't seen going up in length on Leydon.

Akeem

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I find the Leydon last to be true to size. But the Alden chukka on the Leydon causes pinching on the medial side which I believe is due to the stitching style and placement. When I was shopping for my first pair of these, Leffot was recommending me to order the flex chukka in the E width due to this pinching.

oskrusa

Reaction score
Hi guys — heads up for those of you who are on the market for a pair of color 8 Tankers.

Adam from AoC just received a shipment of Tankers on Truebalance last, just drop him an email for availability.

patrick_b

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I find the Leydon last to be true to size. But the Alden chukka on the Leydon causes pinching on the medial side which I believe is due to the stitching style and placement. When I was shopping for my first pair of these, Leffot was recommending me to order the flex chukka in the E width due to this pinching.

very well said. I ended up going TTS in a D width. An E would have been better but suede is forgiving and subsequently stretched out where needed.

If you have the option, go with an E width. Good thing is that knowledgeable retailers like TSM, Leffot, etc. stock that model in E.

Reaction score
Hi all,

Look for chukkas on the barrie last. Sounds like they will be a better fit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads