• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JR Magat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Was in NYC over the weekend with my wife and passed by the AoM store on our way to lunch on Monday. Didn't stop in, but was cool to see the store in person

Don L

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
D.C. Grant Cigar Caps
4b507e063d989e71c4a5212e72aa77c0.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AlanRS

Reaction score
First time poster, not-so-long-time lurker in this thread. Have been an AE fan for a decade but recently was exposed to other options-including Alden. Here are my first pair, Snuff suede Dovers. I have three pairs in order from Leffot and can't wait to get more. Waiting on #8 PTB with crepe sole, Tobacco chamois LWB on commando and, the one I really can't wait for, #8 LWB with antique edge.

Also, just found out I like boots with purchase of an AE Higgins Mill, so looking I'm looking forward to adding a Black Shell Indy soon.

Thanks all for the great info in this thread.

LittleViti

Reaction score
For those with experience using Alden's restoration--does the conditioning process include a re-dye of shell cordovan #8 to the extent that it will add pigment and can help even out mismatched coloring between shoes or splotches/streaks on one shoe?

If so, is the result much darker than the original?

stevefok

Reaction score
For those with experience using Alden's restoration--does the conditioning process include a re-dye of shell cordovan #8 to the extent that it will add pigment and can help even out mismatched coloring between shoes or splotches/streaks on one shoe?

If so, is the result much darker than the original?

Base on my experience, Yes, they are gonna re-dye it and the shoes are gonna be darker, you may interest in the restoration review that I wrote up

http://stevefok316.weebly.com/home/alden-restoration-service-review

jjschube

Reaction score
I don't think you overapid by much. Was watching the auction and if they were my size I would have been right there bidding with you at the end. they look great! congrats

Leathersoul cigar wingtip boots, plaza last showed up today! I over paid on eBay but worth it.

Those are amazing! Can I ask what you paid for those beauties? Those aren't 10.5E are they?

Burzan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Any recommendations for a shell watch strap?

I am quite pleased and bought 2 from the seller "sandtuhr" on ebay.de, these ones in particular are actually rebranded or possibly seconds quality Nomos horween shell straps from my experience. I was able to get get them at around $35 shipped

http://www.ebay.de/itm/Cordovan-She...hash=item56519b6b72:m:mCmaW7QYQlq8cGizvrzss0g

You can actually see the rebrand stamp over the Nomos stamp. It's noted as brown cordovan from the seller but they are for sure color 8, just as beautiful as my other color 8 items.

Akeem

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Any recommendations for a shell watch strap?

depends on the watch and style you are looking for

I've bought from leffot and leathersoul before and those were pretty durable. I've bought from indie makers and it was hit or miss depending on the maker.

Akeem

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I am quite pleased and bought 2 from the seller "sandtuhr" on ebay.de, these ones in particular are actually rebranded or possibly seconds quality Nomos horween shell straps from my experience. I was able to get get them at around $35 shipped http://www.ebay.de/itm/Cordovan-She...hash=item56519b6b72:m:mCmaW7QYQlq8cGizvrzss0g You can actually see the rebrand stamp over the Nomos stamp. It's noted as brown cordovan from the seller but they are for sure color 8, just as beautiful as my other color 8 items.
nice segway to show off the bambino

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads