• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Needles / Nepenthes Discussion Thread - Rebuild, Rough and Tumble, South2West8, Sonic Lab, etc.

penanceroyaltea

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I bought the track pants lol, I don't follow asap rocky though. The jp styling is really cool, plus they weren't that expensive bought off the nepenthes jp website

@Lorcan7 love those looks! Def gonna try and get that psychedelic jacket

dotcomzzz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure what you mean by "that great". If you mean by some objective, but in this case, meaningless, measure of "quality", sure. But as an iconic piece of clothing, I would say that the old trefoil Adidas track pants are pretty great. Is this particular homage to them that great? I'd say that they were pretty cool. Great is probably overstating the case.

Meant the former. The old trefoil track pants came in standard poly, and it looks like that's what Needles is putting out as well. Yes, the Needles ones do come in an array of colors, but from what I can tell they haven't messed around that much with the materials, aside from the velour ones. Which I guess is par for the course for Needles. Design is good with Needles, they did widen the hem on theirs, they just don't play around with craftsmanship with these as much as I'd like. They're still very cool, don't get me wrong, but I would never pay what people are asking for them.

Gantenbein

Reaction score
Seems like they made Pairs in Corduroy for Freaks Store.. I like them!

needles_con_sq.jpg

ndustrialhippie

Reaction score
Hey, long-time reader here, first-time poster. I recently decided to acquire the Needles tracksuit they have on Norse Store and I can't figure out what size I am. I bought S (I'm S in most brands) for both the jacket and the pants, but found that they were both kind of small, though technically they fit. So I bought M's thinking, like most Japanese brands I've encountered, they were undersized. I got the jacket last night and it feels oversized. I haven't received the pants yet, but I'm guessing they will be the same. So my question is, are the tracksuits supposed to fit small or large? I can't really decide which size looks better on me, though I think I'd prefer the M. Any help would be appreciated.

ManofKent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey, long-time reader here, first-time poster. I recently decided to acquire the Needles tracksuit they have on Norse Store and I can't figure out what size I am. I bought S (I'm S in most brands) for both the jacket and the pants, but found that they were both kind of small, though technically they fit. So I bought M's thinking, like most Japanese brands I've encountered, they were undersized. I got the jacket last night and it feels oversized. I haven't received the pants yet, but I'm guessing they will be the same. So my question is, are the tracksuits supposed to fit small or large? I can't really decide which size looks better on me, though I think I'd prefer the M. Any help would be appreciated.

Difficult to advise without pictures, but I'd err on the looser fit.

Jbravo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey all. Selling this peaked lapel bdu jacket (tagged as medium, fits tts). Hit me up via pm if interested.

*Note: the fit pic is not of the actual jacket.

2113 2016.10.28 撮影-021.jpg
d3bc60d848b0656f15e6195618deeced.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads