1. Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.

The Needles / Nepenthes Discussion Thread - Rebuild, Rough and Tumble, South2West8, Sonic Lab, etc.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Lorcan7, Aug 29, 2014.

1. Gantenbein

Gantenbein Well-Known Member

The link is not working :(

i found it through the hypebeast website.. Seems to be some kind of mistake, since I wanted to post it here and it came up with the same link..

2. penanceroyaltea

penanceroyaltea Distinguished Member

I bought the track pants lol, I don't follow asap rocky though. The jp styling is really cool, plus they weren't that expensive bought off the nepenthes jp website

@Lorcan7 love those looks! Def gonna try and get that psychedelic jacket

3. KamoteJoe

KamoteJoe Farmer Diva

@Lorcan7 thanks for sharing. I'm very much looking forward to the SS18 collection.

4. dotcomzzz

dotcomzzz Distinguished Member

Meant the former. The old trefoil track pants came in standard poly, and it looks like that's what Needles is putting out as well. Yes, the Needles ones do come in an array of colors, but from what I can tell they haven't messed around that much with the materials, aside from the velour ones. Which I guess is par for the course for Needles. Design is good with Needles, they did widen the hem on theirs, they just don't play around with craftsmanship with these as much as I'd like. They're still very cool, don't get me wrong, but I would never pay what people are asking for them.

5. Gantenbein

Seems like they made Pairs in Corduroy for Freaks Store.. I like them!

needles_con_sq.jpg

6. dotcomzzz

Crunchy granola. Looks like something a Phish head or wookie would wear to a festival.

7. ericleavitt

ericleavitt Senior Member

Would you be willing to part with that sweater?

8. Fycus

Fycus Distinguished Member

9. asandman

asandman Member

Here's the Rough and Tumble FW17 lookbook for anyone interested:
    https://glltn.com/2017/09/randt-fw-2017-collection-lookbook/
    Nice fabrics as well as interesting takes on shirting such as the curved placket popover, geometrical patches, and that crazy wildlife print band collar. Nepenthes NY put up some of it up on their website recently.

10. Gantenbein

11. ndustrialhippie

ndustrialhippie New Member

Hey, long-time reader here, first-time poster. I recently decided to acquire the Needles tracksuit they have on Norse Store and I can't figure out what size I am. I bought S (I'm S in most brands) for both the jacket and the pants, but found that they were both kind of small, though technically they fit. So I bought M's thinking, like most Japanese brands I've encountered, they were undersized. I got the jacket last night and it feels oversized. I haven't received the pants yet, but I'm guessing they will be the same. So my question is, are the tracksuits supposed to fit small or large? I can't really decide which size looks better on me, though I think I'd prefer the M. Any help would be appreciated.

12. ManofKent

ManofKent Distinguished Member

Difficult to advise without pictures, but I'd err on the looser fit.

13. dotcomzzz

14. Jbravo

Jbravo Distinguished Member

Hey all. Selling this peaked lapel bdu jacket (tagged as medium, fits tts). Hit me up via pm if interested.

*Note: the fit pic is not of the actual jacket.

2113 2016.10.28 撮影-021.jpg d3bc60d848b0656f15e6195618deeced.jpg

15. el Bert

el Bert Distinguished Member

So I picked this Bedford up from fall 2013, nepenthes 25th anniversary edition. I think someone mentioned it was only sold out of nepenthes jp in the EG thread. The print is actually flipped on each panel, gives it a sort incongruence.

1F763295-CDC5-41BA-9FBD-74A1B2C2ADDA.png D7D38DEE-A49C-4EE0-BB2D-D911BFB58FDD.jpeg