• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The NBA Playoffs

matadorpoeta

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
kobe: he may be a ******, but he's our ******.
lookaround.gif

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by matadorpoeta
lookaround.gif

Sean Connery: I'll take the ****** for 600.

Bradford

Current Events Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by matadorpoeta
lookaround.gif

Apparently he's the refs ****** too... We're getting screwed... how do they miss Diaw and Nash calling for the timeout and come up with a jump ball call and no foul on Nash... what the f@%? Looks like the NBA has decided that an all LA second round will bring in higher ratings....

bachbeet

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Bradford: Yeah, I think I did see a grassy knoll in Staples somewhere.
devil.gif

Saucemaster

Sized Down 2
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Bradford
Apparently he's the refs ****** too... We're getting screwed... how do they miss Diaw and Nash calling for the timeout and come up with a jump ball call and no foul on Nash... what the f@%? Looks like the NBA has decided that an all LA second round will bring in higher ratings....

Even as a Lakers fan, and delighted as I was at Kobe's final shot, I have to say that this really put a bad taste in my mouth. Even aside from the timeout, Nash was *clearly* fouled. I love that the Lakers won, and I don't even necessarily think that the Suns deserved to win--they're supposed to be a much better team than LA and they just can't seem to put them away--but I hate when officiating decides a game.

On the other hand, the possibility of a freeway series in the second round makes my heart skip a beat. So much awesome. The poor Clippers will basically be playing seven road games, though.
frown.gif

Bradford

Current Events Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Saucemaster
On the other hand, the possibility of a freeway series in the second round makes my heart skip a beat. So much awesome. The poor Clippers will basically be playing seven road games, though.
frown.gif

Freeway series - hell - I think both the Clips and the Lakers play in the Staples Center. Fans won't even have to drive, they'll just have to change seats and the teams will just sit on opposite sides for each game.

Saucemaster

Sized Down 2
Reaction score
Freeway series - hell - I think both the Clips and the Lakers play in the Staples Center. Fans won't even have to drive, they'll just have to change seats and the teams will just sit on opposite sides for each game.

Yeah, they do. Like I said, sucks for the Clips, they're basically playing seven road games. On the one side, you have Jack Nicholson rooting for the other guys, along with just about every other LA celeb imaginable. On the other... Billy Crystal.

matadorpoeta

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

mwahahahaha!

i honestly did not see a foul there, but you did get screwed in that the refs didn't give him the timeout.

the series isn't over yet.

turbozed

Reaction score
that kid from malcom in the middle is a big clippers fan. that alone should push the clips ahead in terms of star backing!
laugh.gif

Renault78law

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by turbozed
that kid from malcom in the middle is a big clippers fan. that alone should push the clips ahead in terms of star backing!
laugh.gif

lol, I was at the game last night, add Mary J. Blige to that list.

odoreater

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Seeing how the Bulls-Heat series has been going I think that the Nets have a really good chance of making it to the Eastern Conference finals. Obviously we have to take care of Indiana first, but now that we got home court advantage back I don't think that's going to be too much of a problem. As for Detroit, I think we can pull that one off as well - 2 of Detroit's 18 losses were to the Nets and the Nets have beaten them in Detroit (yeah, I know, playoffs are a totally different atmosphere, yada yada yada). Don't discount the Nets, they've gone to the NBA finals before when they were being underestimated, and those were teams that weren't as good as the one we have now.

Some people have put the Nets out of it because of what's happening with Indiana but that's just the Nets, they'll lose games to crappy teams and will kill good teams (I was at the game not too long ago when they gave the Suns a thorough thrashing and kept Nash to 0 points).

If nothing else, well, at least we're not the Suns.
tounge.gif

Saucemaster

Sized Down 2
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Lamo
wow, that was just thuggery by Raja bell.

Seriously. Nash said something about how he didn't feel Bell should have been ejected for it--that seems clearly stupid to me. Bell clotheslined Kobe, straight up, and he very clearly meant to do exactly that.

I will say, though, that it did make for an interesting game.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads