• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Look goes on...

Botolph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I can’t remember if I heard about them on here, but the Clarks x Beams+ collab desert boots are pretty great. Took the chance when I saw them after searching for a U.S. site that carries the Beams+ wool rugger.
I’m sure some purists might turn their noses up at a lug sole on a pair of dessies, but these look great to me. As a HUGE bonus, they’re Gore-Tex lined and have a bellows tongue. Pretty psyched on these. The rugger has been a style I’ve recently returned to, as I love the look and they also obscure almost all my typically-visible tattoos( I really hate the conversation piece that tattoos have become. “Hey bro, where do you get your ink?“ isn’t a conversation I like having. I used to be shunned for it; now they’re some pseudo subculture talking point I want nought to do with).

79004A73-FA43-4561-B807-3903D6D4FA8E.jpeg 79004A73-FA43-4561-B807-3903D6D4FA8E.jpeg A37234DA-6BBF-485E-B064-9B9621B08555.jpeg 2146D490-8BA3-4995-B9EA-43DC52B7F91B.jpeg 10AF63C4-D5C8-45CA-AB70-B2003F673A47.jpeg

11CC891F-9BFE-4242-AA34-BDC975E825CE.jpeg

Attachments

• 7A09731F-2B8B-4BBD-A48F-BBB77038FFCA.jpeg
    7A09731F-2B8B-4BBD-A48F-BBB77038FFCA.jpeg
    138.7 KB · Views: 13

Mr Knightley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Guys, the voting thread for the Friday Challenge Dress like a Star has now been corrected (after earlier omissions).

Thin White Duke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was in the shop yesterday! I like the look of the cobalt blue check popover but not enough to buy it. I have a black watch tartan BD from their Ivy range of a couple of years ago, and I really like their ‘knitted’ shirts (“picque” as you gallics would say!!) and they had some tasty linens over the summer too but I just don’t have a need for any more.

Yorky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Discovered another TK Maxx store in Knaresborough at the weekend, some really good stuff in there. There was two footy casual looking blokes in there, who looked quite good, wearing mephisto shoes and cagoule type coats. To cut to the chase I saw one of them pick up what I recognised to be a Barracuta G9 in a Ochre colour and try it on, my heart was in my mouth hoping that he would put it back on the rail, which he did. I waited until they had cleared off, and quickly picked it up only to find it was a size 46, a shame as it was only 50 quid.
To try and mask my disappointment, I bought these trousers, Levis Premium 541 cargo pants. Thought that they were a modern take on jungle greens.

From the Levis website

IMG_7788.jpg

IMG_7787.jpg

Me wearing them

IMG_7793.jpg

IMG_7795.jpg

Mr Knightley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Discovered another TK Maxx store in Knaresborough at the weekend, some really good stuff in there. There was two footy casual looking blokes in there, who looked quite good, wearing mephisto shoes and cagoule type coats. To cut to the chase I saw one of them pick up what I recognised to be a Barracuta G9 in a Ochre colour and try it on, my heart was in my mouth hoping that he would put it back on the rail, which he did. I waited until they had cleared off, and quickly picked it up only to find it was a size 46, a shame as it was only 50 quid.
To try and mask my disappointment, I bought these trousers, Levis Premium 541 cargo pants. Thought that they were a modern take on jungle greens.

From the Levis website

View attachment 1243680

View attachment 1243679

Me wearing them

View attachment 1243681

View attachment 1243682
Your take on them is far superior!

Another great bargain.

Clouseau

Inspector
Reaction score
I was in the shop yesterday! I like the look of the cobalt blue check popover but not enough to buy it. I have a black watch tartan BD from their Ivy range of a couple of years ago, and I really like their ‘knitted’ shirts (“picque” as you gallics would say!!) and they had some tasty linens over the summer too but I just don’t have a need for any more.

Yeah an interesting brand, agree about the popover, i also like the striped one.
Unfortunately Kamakura isn't sold here, and it's always a problem to order from USA (taxes, customs, etc), especially if you want an exchange or a refund.
So for US BD shirts, not much choice here apart Gant and the Occasional Gitman. BB closed their parisian shop several years ago.

On a close topic, did any of you tried the Ben Sherman OCBDs from the "Archive Collection" ?

Clouseau

Inspector
Reaction score
Just found a MiE Merc 3b Jacket, in a mix of Wool & Mohair, in an outlet shop - i guess it was there for some time. (I have a nice 2b suit from Merc - yes yes i can see your eyebrows rising - in a silk & wool mix, from around 12 years ago. I think they only do polyester jackets now !)
Anyway, this jacket was reduced to €30. I just took it to the tailor for a few alterations and a bit of pressing, another €20. So it is a very reasonable price.
This is how it looks before the alterations. I like the cloth covered buttons.

Merc jacket.jpg

Clouseau

Inspector
Reaction score
New UU collection… Not very exciting apart if you want a cheap sherpa trucker, a cheap duffle coat, or a cheap Mac.
Lemaire has done much better in the past.

UU19_opt.jpg

Clouseau

Inspector
Reaction score
The Merc jacket is back from the tailor. The shoulder pads were removed, the buttons secured, and it had a little pressing.

Merc J 2.JPG

The color is a tad lighter "in the flesh".
I tucked the ticket pocket in, as it's too long to my liking.
Anyway i always do that with ticket pockets on jackets, i just leave them untucked on Crombies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads