• We would like to welcome Ratio Clothing as an official Affiliate Vendor. Ratio Clothing specializes in American-made custom shirts offered at a fair price with guaranteed perfect fit. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Clouseau

Inspector
Reaction score
I didn't buy much in the sales apart some Merc Sta-Prest in brown, that were reduced to €20 !

I still want to buy some quality shorts, and discovered some by S.K.U (Save Khaki United, a Californian brand that @Botolph most probably know; reputed for their Khakis/Chinos of course that exist in 4 different fits) in Supima cotton. Really nice, good look and comfy, but pricey. I saw them at Jinji, a small parisian shop i mentioned before where they only sell top notch stuff (Alden, Buzz Rickson, Mc Coy, Orslow, Kapital…) They also had one Valstarino A1 suede jacket, so i could see one 'in the flesh', and i was not disappointed… Not in my size unfortunately as it was at 50% off.

Botolph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I didn't buy much in the sales apart some Merc Sta-Prest in brown, that were reduced to €20 !

I still want to buy some quality shorts, and discovered some by S.K.U (Save Khaki United, a Californian brand that @Botolph most probably know; reputed for their Khakis/Chinos of course that exist in 4 different fits) in Supima cotton. Really nice, good look and comfy, but pricey. I saw them at Jinji, a small parisian shop i mentioned before where they only sell top notch stuff (Alden, Buzz Rickson, Mc Coy, Orslow, Kapital…) They also had one Valstarino A1 suede jacket, so i could see one 'in the flesh', and i was not disappointed… Not in my size unfortunately as it was at 50% off.

Yeah they seem pretty nice. Oddly enough I only tried on a Save Khaki buttondown shirt while in the Unionmade shop in San Francisco. Never tried their chinos. I stick with LL Bean, Brook Bros, my Albam chinos from their early days(like steel), and a pair of Real McCoy’s ones for when I want a baggy pair.

Clouseau

Inspector
Reaction score
Finally treated myself with Schott Fatigue shorts in cotton/linen mix, 30% off.
They look pretty good, if you like the Fatigue style, and are really comfy in the heat. And on the contrary to Stan Ray and SKU, the price was very reasonable, but still good quality.

Schott Fatigue_opt.jpg

am55

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
As once again the watch thread is alight with the petrol fumes of Rolex, I was wondering to what extent the brand interacted with the good folks habitually posting here. I know @Clouseau at least has/had one.

Clouseau

Inspector
Reaction score
As once again the watch thread is alight with the petrol fumes of Rolex, I was wondering to what extent the brand interacted with the good folks habitually posting here. I know @Clouseau at least has/had one.
Well it was a must have for the 'Drugstore crowd' members and affiliates. My older brother, who used to hang out at the Drugstore late 60s-early 70s, a tad later than the originals though, had one that he gave me before he went West.

Brown3.JPG

As i said before, twenty years later, i gave in turn the watch to his daughter, my niece, as a wedding present. She has now a little boy, i hope she will give him the watch in the future.

Gsvs5

Reaction score
Thanks to the Challenge, i discovered the Vastarino (by italian brand Valstar,
I never saw anyone around 69-70 wearing anything other than a type III,so I felt it was a move forward to me.Much the same as I wear a Valstarino style blouson today and would never consider a Harrington.
Stimulating a conversation was my only objectively,in a style that can be relevant today.
I
Just when I thought I was out,they pull me back in......

Sorry,late to the party,but I like the idea.Being a creature of habit,I still bewilder my Wife with my Blue obsession.

1) Marmot Ama Dablam Down Jacket

2) Blouson Jacket - Valstarino /Hardy Amies / MA-1

3) Polo - LS Pique, spread collar ,hidden placket.Custom

4) Jeans- Iron Heart 1955s

5) Trousers - Frogmouth Moleskin

6) Lands End LS Cotton crew T Shirts Gray/Navy/White

7) Uniqulo Down Vest Gray/Brown

8) Puma Volvo Off Shore Rain Jacket

9) Tod's Suede Gommino Boots/Shoes

10) Vasque Sundowner Boots

Thats my survival kit for Autumn through Spring.NOT what I would love to wear ,but appropriate for my current lifestyle.Corduroy Suits and bespoke shoes are something I hope to slip into in later life !

Thin White Duke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Platinum Yachtmaster
Smurf Blue Sub
White face Daytona with steel bezel
On the waiting list for a year for the new Pepsi GMT

Botolph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I have a Chopard Mille Miglia(though the rubber tire tread band needs replacing), a Hanhart Luftwaffe watch, and a couple small, understated Timex automatics from the early ‘70s.

covskin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Still just a Swatch, the Vacheron Constantin ('my other watch is a Rolex') is on hold...

Clouseau

Inspector
Reaction score
New Challenge is up, and it's a good one !

Mr Knightley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The Look Goes On has slipped off the first page, so time to try to crank it up...

What about hats? In this very warm weather in northern Europe I have finally taken the plunge and bought a Panama. Never really part of the Look back in 1969, (apart perhaps for the 'pork pie') who has the courage to wear a hat today?

New hat Christys.JPG

Thin White Duke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like the look of that one Mr. K. I have six or seven panamas in various colours, most are the Bowery style from JJs in New York.
I always say to anyone contemplating a hat, get a panama and wear it on holiday. It will serve a useful purpose in sun protection, you can take some time to get used to wearig it, and not have your mates around to take the piss and dent your confidence if it’s a bit fragile!

Mr Knightley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like the look of that one Mr. K. I have six or seven panamas in various colours, most are the Bowery style from JJs in New York.
I always say to anyone contemplating a hat, get a panama and wear it on holiday. It will serve a useful purpose in sun protection, you can take some time to get used to wearig it, and not have your mates around to take the piss and dent your confidence if it’s a bit fragile!
Thanks TWD!

Actually, knowing that there would be few people around, I did wear it today for the office. It did a great job on what turned out to be the hottest July day on record in the UK (38.1c in Cambridge).

Given my lack of experience with hats, I stopped in a deserted village to take a picture on my way to work!

7870AAD4-0E1F-458A-871E-6519D35DF4E8.jpeg

Featured Sponsor

HOW OFTEN DO YOU SHOP FOR CLOTHES ONLINE?

• I mainly buy my clothes online.

• I shop online only if there is a sale.

• I shop online when shipping and returns are free.

• I shop in store only for very expensive items I want to try on.

• I mainly shop in store.

Results are only viewable after voting.