• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Look goes on...

Yorky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There is a MH shop in York, the only one outside of London
Do resemble them but to me monkey boots are 100% eastern blok, bela did a good article on them.
yes good article, I think that photos like this show that some fashions that came more popular later on, were starting much earlier.

Yorky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A lot, I should think.

I have never got round to buying any Margaret Howell but always admired her stuff.

I think you are a fan @Yorky ?

Yes I have a few bits and pieces, bought in end of sale I might add. Most of her clothes aren't to my taste, too expensive, but occasionally they have something that catches my eye. I bought a nice fair isle cashmere tank top recently and they also had some vetra work jackets in recently, which l believe you have, I hoped that they might go in the sale, but haven't been back since then.

Mr Knightley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just have the one piece from Vetra, which I bought from J Simons sale the summer before last. The French-made jacket is unstructured and unlined, made from very comfortable linen, and feels just like wearing another shirt.

08BA590F-9920-44F0-9C96-91CEAD95BF65.jpeg F04081E0-F66F-41DB-A854-FCF283AB509D.jpeg

Last edited:

Yorky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Kingstonian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just have the one piece from Vetra, which I bought from J Simons sale the summer before last. The French-made jacket is unstructured and unlined, made from very comfortable linen, and feels just like wearing another shirt.

View attachment 1174343 View attachment 1174344
Beige is a difficult colour at our age. I have a beige Harrington and a Keydge slack jacket. They both need to be worn with strong colours to stop me looking washed out. I probably would not buy those colours again.

Thin White Duke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

View attachment 1174343 View attachment 1174344
I have a similar jacket in cornflour blue made by Pal Zileri. It’s like a linen cardigan but cut in a three button sports jacket shape.

Thin White Duke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Beige is a difficult colour at our age. I have a beige Harrington and a Keydge slack jacket. They both need to be worn with strong colours to stop me looking washed out. I probably would not buy those colours again.
I agree. I avoid it except for in strides, and it baffles me how many people try to pull a McQueen with beige Harringtons etc. you’re right it just washes out is pasty north Europeans! I do have a beige Harry Palmer mac, rarely deployed, and I wish they were available in bright colours. I once saw a scarlet red Hugo Boss trench - a mere snip at $600!! Waited to see it in a sale and they vanished out of sight.

Kingstonian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I agree. I avoid it except for in strides, and it baffles me how many people try to pull a McQueen with beige Harringtons etc. you’re right it just washes out is pasty north Europeans! I do have a beige Harry Palmer mac, rarely deployed, and I wish they were available in bright colours. I once saw a scarlet red Hugo Boss trench - a mere snip at $600!! Waited to see it in a sale and they vanished out of sight.
The added issue at my age is that beige is a pensioner colour.

I forgot about my trench coat and fly front Aquascutum mac which attracts Victor Meldrew comments when combined with a cap. I have more of a downer on jackets in beige though.

Thin White Duke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The added issue at my age is that beige is a pensioner colour.
Haha! My late Mam was quite a snappy dresser even in her seventies and used to tut over what she called the ‘beige ladies’ she saw in church. Owld blue-rinsed biddies devoid of any bold colours dressed head to foot in beige, cream, taupe and tan!

Yorky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Haha! My late Mam was quite a snappy dresser even in her seventies and used to tut over what she called the ‘beige ladies’ she saw in church. Owld blue-rinsed biddies devoid of any bold colours dressed head to foot in beige, cream, taupe and tan!
I used to have a beige/cream made to measure 3 ply mohair suit when I was about 19. I was inspired by the photo in the legendary Mods book by Richard Barnes, where three faces were posing outside of the Scene club in Ham Yard. I found it difficult to wear it the way the fella's did in the photo, but settled with a mainly red madras style button down, red pocket square, and Church's basket weave slip on's. The trousers were frog mouth pocket hipsters. Oh to be 19 again.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads