• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The lightweight cardigan thread

Bam!ChairDance

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
After an unfortunate experience with a B Son cardigan that was amazingly soft and lightweight despite its touch-me-I-die fragility, I've been searching for similar pieces, but I haven't found too many that really impressed me. I've got a jersey cardigan from SoG that does the job, but as you could probably guess, it doesn't come close to B Son.

Have any of you seen or bought a lightweight spring/summer cardigan that you particularly liked? Let's hear it.

jacksonr

Reaction score
I just got a YMC zip cardigan that is nice and light. Normally zip-up isn't my thing but I like this one.

Bam!ChairDance

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yo is that the one that New Dandyism was selling? I was thinking about it, but it seemed too "sweat clothes" for me-- it's cool that it turned out well though.

In my size, the only good stuff I've found so far have been B.Son's "half gauge" stuff, except I'm not sure how the rayon would hold up. To be honest, I've never owned anything made of 100% rayon.

Robert

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I can't claim to be terribly familiar with this item, but I did just buy a J. Crew navy cotton/cashmere cardigan that I love the hell out of. Very lightweight, a little slim fitting. I plan on wearing it mostly with a v-neck tee underneath over dark khaki pants.

Nouveau Pauvre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have a merino Theory one I copped at a Loehmann's for like 30 bucks. Would have been obscene at the original price of ~$300. But for 30 bucks its super soft and comfortable.

I like to pair it with shorts as a summer item since it's pretty lightweight.

o.p.

Reaction score
I was tempted to get this Rag & Bone one the other day.. but i really just want a plain white one that is pretty shear and isn't rent like the CDG Play ones.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
I have a lightweight thin wool jil one in navy that is remarkable.

larry!

Reaction score
Originally Posted by PinkPantser
I have one from Zara that is a cashmere blend - wonderfully soft & thin. Its over a year old though and I haven't seen any like it on my recent trips there.

Seconded on the Zara, I've really wanted to get one of those cardigans for awhile, but I'm too lazy to go back to the store for it..

smoothie

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Robert
I can't claim to be terribly familiar with this item, but I did just buy a J. Crew navy cotton/cashmere cardigan that I love the hell out of. Very lightweight, a little slim fitting. I plan on wearing it mostly with a v-neck tee underneath over dark khaki pants.

I have the same one, havent had chance to wear it yet. I planned on wearing it with a button die and some knit ties.

Jupiter Room

Reaction score
Originally Posted by larry!
Seconded on the Zara, I've really wanted to get one of those cardigans for awhile, but I'm too lazy to go back to the store for it..

I have one of those too. Love it. But it wasn't in there store the last time I was there. Hopefully they'll have some new ones in similar style for autumn.

Waffle

Reaction score
hare did some lightweight cardigans this season, the one i got is so thin it's almost sheer. think it was 6000y or something

why

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
B.Son made something good? Wow. I'm surprised.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads