• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Isn't that image from Rivet and Hide? Why not just buy from them?
It is, and I do like that store and that crew, but I've worked with @kiya since 2006, when we were both starting out in this thing, so I prefer to buy from Self Edge whenever possible.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No love for Goros?

I really liked it ever since i saw them on magazines and occasionally J-drama maybe bout 20yrs ago.

Recently the brand popped out again and never knew it's still going strong even after the death of the founder.
It's an interesting brand, but I don't see enough differentiation from the work of some truly talented Native American (First Nations in Canada, it's not all South Eastern stuff) artists for me to want to spend about 2-3x as much as I could get the real thing for. There are some pieces that, if I really wanted them, I would get them from Goros because he seems to have put enough of an imprimatur on them that I haven't seem something like it elsewhere. For example, while I wouldn't get a regular old concho bracelet from him, I would definitely get one of the bracelets with spacers in them that are very disimilar to what you can regularly find amongst the work of Native American artists. In those pieces, it's more akin to some Visvim products - the source of the inspiration is obvious, but the product itself is very different from the original inspiration.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
goros to me just seems like a hyped cover band
To be fair, there are things that they do that Native American artists don't typically do, like make and use the ID bracelet type of spacer or rondelles. In that way, some of their stuff is a bit like Visvim. Simply no one else is making mocassions on running shoe soles, nor workboots with stabilizers typically used on running shoes, etc.., and the few that do, haven't done nearly as good of a job.

karmaguy

Reaction score
this thread has become a slippery slope for me..first it was one ring from good art, now i'm gazing at that model 10A from good art, not to mention all the other cool stuff y'all post

takashi78

Reaction score
Quite a few years back i found myself in Selfdge and GA was having a trunkshow there, then i didn't eve know what a trunkshow was.
I was there to try on some awesome japanese denim which i have never tried or seen before.

Remember wanting to get the bracelet and ring until i heard the price. Even the leather bracelet was out of my reach. Had a good chat with the good folks from GA.

But i digress, the cheapo in me was thinking, how can silver cost so much more than gold? From these artist.

GoodArt is really doing some fun and quirky designs. But i still gravitate towards their simpler and signature designs.

Timbaland

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone have thoughts on all the new Tiffany jewelry being marketed to men?

I don't see anything special or unique about it. With Tiffany's you are paying for the name, it's not like Good Art or other brands where I can see why people pay as much as they do for it.

On a side tangent, a friend of a friend bought an engagement ring from Tiffany's. It was really expensive, way more than sites like Blue Nile for the same ring (taking into account the diamond, band, etc.) but he figured he was only going to be married once so it was worth it. The engagement fell through and the rings depreciate faster than cars. At first Tiffany's refused it but he kept pestering them until they finally made him an offer, he could return it for less than 50% value in store credit. He had paid over $30k for the ring and was getting like $15k in store credit but still took it. He ended up splitting it up into smaller gift cards and giving them to family/friends as birthday and Christmas gifts.

Another side tangent, I had gotten a money clip as a gift from Tiffany's and stretched it out by putting too much stuff in it when drunk. I went to a store asking if they could fix it and they said it'd be $100. I could probably fix it with a vice grip.

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Anyone have thoughts on all the new Tiffany jewelry being marketed to men?

I have a few of their Elsa Peretti money clips that I really like. Also used to own a curb chain bracelet, but ended up selling it. But I thought it was nice. Most of the designs are a bit too classic for me nowadays. I feel like they'd go better with classic styled wardrobes, but I also think those sorts of wardrobes look better without jewelry.

Komuga

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looking to expand into wearing multiple rings at once.
Currently only wear the Neff goldsmith inverted soul ring on my right ring finger. Not sure what ring I should add to my collection next? Was thinking something for my middle finger or index finger. Also, not sure if I should wear it on the same hand as my inverted soul ring or not. I’m not married so I don’t got a wedding ring (already looking at custom Neff goldsmith/good art/chrome hearts).

do you think this Neff goldsmith Regal ring would go good with the inverted soul ring, or do I need a statement ring?

The only brands I’m really looking at are Neff, good art, chrome hearts, Larry smith, and peanuts co.

I plan on wearing a good art model 10 curb bracelet on my right wrist if that helps at all, and in the future 3+ years from now, a patek Philippe nautilus on my left wrist, and a wedding band (white gold).

A642A2C7-8B56-4C31-9E0A-51BAEECBC103.png
4B853C75-989C-4E0F-A4C3-ABD770C713FE.jpeg
7324F5F9-41D0-48F5-B28C-555C2D1F53BA.png D56F0E21-FEAA-43F0-B6E7-F3BABDD906A4.png 7D28353B-2EA7-4915-9FE2-A1DB0F09EE55.png

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Currently only wear the Neff goldsmith inverted soul ring on my right ring finger. Not sure what ring I should add to my collection next? Was thinking something for my middle finger or index finger. Also, not sure if I should wear it on the same hand as my inverted soul ring or not. I’m not married so I don’t got a wedding ring (already looking at custom Neff goldsmith/good art/chrome hearts).

do you think this Neff goldsmith Regal ring would go good with the inverted soul ring, or do I need a statement ring?

The only brands I’m really looking at are Neff, good art, chrome hearts, Larry smith, and peanuts co.

I plan on wearing a good art model 10 curb bracelet on my right wrist if that helps at all, and in the future 3+ years from now, a patek Philippe nautilus on my left wrist, and a wedding band (white gold).

View attachment 1262877 View attachment 1262878 View attachment 1262881 View attachment 1262880 View attachment 1262879

I occasionally wear that ring with some cowboy/ rodeo ring I found at a vintage shop. I'm a stickler about rules or anything, but that Neff ring looks a bit busy to me, so I like it with similarly busy pieces. I also mostly wear it with workwear.

I've been wearing this one from Self Edge a ton. Mostly by itself, but I could see it going well with that Neff ring too.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score

View attachment 1262877 View attachment 1262878 View attachment 1262881 View attachment 1262880 View attachment 1262879
Hmm... how about a Good Art textured Tricky Dick ring? The textures would complement, and you have something that is close in maximum width, but gets there a different way.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads