• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The house next door is on fire

Bradford

Current Events Moderator
Reaction score
OK - I'm sitting here doing some work for my meetings tomorrow while my wife watches TV and I heard a thump, like something hit my roof.

I walk to the kitchen to grab a door key and look outside and notice flashing lights coming from the street.

Look out the kitchen door and there are 6 firetrucks in front of my house and the one next door - which is on fire.

Luckily the house is vacant, supposed to be auctioned by the bank next week - I'd guess that's not going to happen.

I just hope there's not any smoke damage to my house - my dad and I just painted it a couple of weeks ago.

Weird night.

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
It sounds like someone wants the insurance money more than seeing it go to auction.
musicboohoo[1].gif

Egdon Heath

Reaction score
So the house next to yours is on fire and your first thought is better get me on the internet and tell everybody?

Bradford

Current Events Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Egdon Heath
So the house next to yours is on fire and your first thought is better get me on the internet and tell everybody?

Well after I walked out and talked briefly to the fire chief who let me know that I had nothing to worry about and that my house was in no danger - sure, why not?

Just came back in from watching some more - they cut a hole in the roof and sprayed it with water and then sprayed foam to ensure that no embers would catch again. Looks like the investigators will be out there for a few more hours.

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

well, Brad could've taken pictures then posted it here.

Bradford

Current Events Moderator
Reaction score
I thought about taking pictures but I wasn't sure they would come out since it is dark. I suppose I could have taken pictures of the fire trucks, but oh well.

I'm also a little bummed it didn't happen earlier in the evening. My 2-year-old and 4-year-old sons would have thought it was cool to see the firefighters in action, but I wasn't going to wake them up for it.

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Oh I don't know about that. I remember seeing blazing buildings when I was a kid. Although the thought of firemen to the rescue might be cool, the sight of a burning house or building scared the **** out of me when I was a kid. I couldn't help thinking what would happen if our house was on fire.

Coho

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
who knows, maybe another poster living down the street is also posting here and can commiserate with his situation. I once got into a bike accident with an a-hole driver. I posted his car on one of the forums I frequented. It turned out the guy is also a cyclist and he started to call me out on being unfair and slanderous. Never underestimate the internet.

mack11211

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Still not as good as the "my hair is on fire" thread.

academe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Title of your thread struck a cord with me; the back of our house burned down last year, destroying all of our shoes
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
, my fountain pen collection, wedding presents, computers, kitchen appliances and whole lot of other things. Thank god most of clothes were unscathed. Nothing more shocking than seeing your house on fire and smoke billowing out of the windows. It was pretty traumatic. I'm glad your house wasn't affected; it's a pretty awful experience to have to go through...

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
This thread reminded me of this house that got burned down in the gated community I lived in years ago. The house, actually more of a mansion, burned starting from the ground level. I believe this was around Christmas, and some family members were trapped on the 2nd level. Thing is the windows of their house had bars, and if their was an escape it was probably locked. Emergency team tried to remove the bars but it took them too long and the fire spread too fast. In the end they could only watch as a parent and the kids died.

mack11211

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by acidicboy
This thread reminded me of this house that got burned down in the gated community I lived in years ago. The house, actually more of a mansion, burned starting from the ground level. I believe this was around Christmas, and some family members were trapped on the 2nd level. Thing is the windows of their house had bars, and if their was an escape it was probably locked. Emergency team tried to remove the bars but it took them too long and the fire spread too fast. In the end they could only watch as a parent and the kids died.

Bars on windows of house in gated community?

Where is this Fearville?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads