• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
All you talk a big game about building out your fungeon, but if you're serious have I got the house for you, complete with secret passages and tunnels!

It's not currently decorated in true fungeon style, but that just means you can let your imagination run wild...

1631713615745.png

1631713632128.png

1631713665513.png

1631713681694.png

1631713698740.png

beargonefishing

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Van Veen

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
How old is yours VV?

For what it is worth, I have hab a 14 water heater last until I sold the house when it was 17 years old. It is a bit of a crapshoot at that point
It's 14. I'm just hoping it holds out a few more years. I don't have much faith given how it looks. Luckily it's in the basement and will just drain into the sump pit when it fails.

My wife wants tankless, but we ain't got the money for that.

There is no way they could make money even selling for $395k. Just like Uber, these guys are just burning through investor cash.
We're not seeing any repair/closing credits, but still. Who makes these decisions? The almighty algorithm?

brokencycle

Reaction score
It's 14. I'm just hoping it holds out a few more years. I don't have much faith given how it looks. Luckily it's in the basement and will just drain into the sump pit when it fails.

My wife wants tankless, but we ain't got the money for that.

We're not seeing any repair/closing credits, but still. Who makes these decisions? The almighty algorithm?
When I replaced the one here, tankless was like $100 more because our waterheater is in the garage and required a powervent for tanked. I have limited data because we replaced it within a few months of moving in, but it appears to have saved us between $10-20/mo in gas.

imatlas

Saucy White Boy
Reaction score
We were looking at running something like 75' of gas line to upgrade to tankless. Yeah, no.

Van Veen

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
When I replaced the one here, tankless was like $100 more because our waterheater is in the garage and required a powervent for tanked. I have limited data because we replaced it within a few months of moving in, but it appears to have saved us between $10-20/mo in gas.
I have electric, but there was obviously gas in there before that. There's a capped off gas line right next to it. The issue is whether or not the line can handle the BTUs needed for tankless.

I can DIY replace electric with electric. Not going to DIY a gas tankless.

Last edited:

PhilKenSebben

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I can DIY replace electric with electric. Not going to DIY a gas tankless.
This might be the most intelligent thing you have ever said!

I will do most things, but gas lines are NOT one of them

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just got my local August '21 vs. '20 RE market stats (Santa Fe)

Homes for sale -30.6%
Homes Sold +3.6%
Days on Market -55.5%

The contemporary homes in my immediate area often sell in the office before even being listed. It's still a Sellers market.

The RE agents newsletters talk about the new restaurants, the coming Fall colors and artist open studios because there are so few homes to write about.

Any of the new spec homes that are being built look cheap and thrown together.

We are glad that we moved when we did (2+ years ago) and are in a neighborhood that was already built-out.

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Gas is cool to play with, but charcoal is king.

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
All you talk a big game about building out your fungeon, but if you're serious have I got the house for you, complete with secret passages and tunnels!

It's not currently decorated in true fungeon style, but that just means you can let your imagination run wild...

View attachment 1669155

View attachment 1669156

View attachment 1669157

View attachment 1669158

View attachment 1669159
Looks like one of those "Ye Olde Prime Rib" style chain restaurants from the 70's with an "all you can eat salad bar"

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Was just looking at a Zillow listing for an 8-bedroom home in my favorite part of Nova Scotia on a acre of land (that is selling for less than half of what we paid for our home)3. I wonder if I can talk my wife into a summer home.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads