• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

SixOhNine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
"Mediterranean masterpiece in the heart of Buckhead! This palatial estate features coral stone & stucco detail, Moroccan hardwoods, Italian tile, ornate floors & ceilings. 9 Bedrms & 12.5 baths, cigar rm, theater rm, 2 gyms, 7 kitchens, large wine cellar, salon, massage rm, giant steam rm, recording studio, hibachi grill, pizza oven. All bedrms w/ in-suite baths, 6 w balcony's. 2+acres, double gated entries. Resort-style mosaic tiled pool w/ 2 hot tubs & several fireside sitting areas. No expense was spared. ALL FURNITURE INCLUCED MOVE-IN READY! Verifiable Proof of Funds required 48 hours prior to showing. Thank you."

A couple of things here- first, if I'm looking to drop 10 million on a house, I'm not going to trust an agent who can't even be bothered to check the listing for grammatical and spelling mistakes. Second, why are there seven kitchens?

Gibonius

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Don't take this personal if you have one but I detest TVs in bedrooms.

I don't even have a TV in our main living space, it's down in the basement. If I'm going to watch TV, I'll commit to focusing on it, rather than just having it on as a noise/distraction source.

brokencycle

Reaction score
"Mediterranean masterpiece in the heart of Buckhead! This palatial estate features coral stone & stucco detail, Moroccan hardwoods, Italian tile, ornate floors & ceilings. 9 Bedrms & 12.5 baths, cigar rm, theater rm, 2 gyms, 7 kitchens, large wine cellar, salon, massage rm, giant steam rm, recording studio, hibachi grill, pizza oven. All bedrms w/ in-suite baths, 6 w balcony's. 2+acres, double gated entries. Resort-style mosaic tiled pool w/ 2 hot tubs & several fireside sitting areas. No expense was spared. ALL FURNITURE INCLUCED MOVE-IN READY! Verifiable Proof of Funds required 48 hours prior to showing. Thank you."

A couple of things here- first, if I'm looking to drop 10 million on a house, I'm not going to trust an agent who can't even be bothered to check the listing for grammatical and spelling mistakes. Second, why are there seven kitchens?

Do houses at that price point generally require proof of funds? I would assume people dropping they kind of cash have agents who will vouch for them

ValidusLA

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Do houses at that price point generally require proof of funds? I would assume people dropping they kind of cash have agents who will vouch for them

In the middle of an 11m industrial acquisition right now. Sellers still require proof of funds.

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I didn't notice the 7 kitchens. What's the zoning like there? Can we subdivide the house into boarding rooms?

NakedYoga

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Don't take this personal if you have one but I detest TVs in bedrooms.
I have one, but I don't really like it, and I almost never use it. The only time I particularly appreciated it was when our child was a newborn and we were up all night watching the junior varsity newscasters.

I never had one in my bedroom growing up, and I don't recall my parents having one either, but my wife likes it. Not the hill I'm going to die on.

PhilKenSebben

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Omega Male

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Eww. For real though, a lot of houses in that area are just way too large to be practical. Even at half the price of that monstrosity. If you want a nice, private lot it's going to come with the 15,000 sq. ft.+ pile the developer dropped on it. If you also specify no Georgians, Plantations or faux French chateaux -- that eliminates about 2/3 of the housing stock.

NakedYoga

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
One for each day of the week. That way the cleaning people only have to come once a week. Saves money.
1624387479320.png

PhilKenSebben

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Eww. For real though, a lot of houses in that area are just way too large to be practical. Even at half the price of that monstrosity. If you want a nice, private lot it's going to come with the 15,000 sq. ft.+ pile the developer dropped on it. If you also specify no Georgians, Plantations or faux French chateaux -- that eliminates about 2/3 of the housing stock.
I hear this developer is great if you want to do an Atlanta teardown and rebuild

1624387922102.png

PhilKenSebben

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

PhilKenSebben

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads