• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ataturk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
You’re moving the goalposts, it’s not really necessary, you can just be quiet.
I'm moving the goalposts? You said this:

I don’t understand how that changes the assertion that it’s not your money that burns up if the property isn’t insured?
Again, if you borrow a bunch of money to buy a house, it's the bank's money, not yours. They expect you to pay it over 30 years. If the property burns, you're still personally liable, sure. But if you're 99.9% of people, you don't have assets enough for the bank to take if they call in the laon. If they try to come after you, you declare bankruptcy and the bank eats dirt. That's just how it works.

UnFacconable

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Purchase money mortgages in California aren’t recourse so your equity is at risk but you don’t have to declare bankruptcy if you can’t make your payments and the bank forecloses.

Ultimately what matters to the bank is LTV or, I suppose, if we want to be more accurate the residual value of the property relative to the loan amount. 80% LTV on a McMansion with low land value is different from 50% LTV in Omega’s neighborhood.

Ataturk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Add California mortgages to the list of things unfuccable knows more about than I do. So that's...

1. Truckstop etiquette.
2. California mortgages
3. TBD

Ataturk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'm not accidentally right, damn it. A judgment against someone for the balance on their house, without recourse to the house, is usually worth about as much as the clerk charges you to print it.

UnFacconable

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Add California mortgages to the list of things unfuccable knows more about than I do. So that's...

1. Truckstop etiquette.
2. California mortgages
3. TBD

Credit where credit is due, I will concede that today you confirmed (to no one’s surprise) that you are experienced in turning bedsheets into garments.

I’m not sure if anything you could do is more on brand than that but you can add it to the list of trades only one of us would pursue. I’m sure it serves you well in the social groups where people like you fit in a little better.

Ataturk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Credit where credit is due, I will concede that today you confirmed (to no one’s surprise) that you are experienced in turning bedsheets into garments.

I’m not sure if anything you could do is more on brand than that but you can add it to the list of trades only one of us would pursue. I’m sure it serves you well in the social groups where people like you fit in a little better.
Today? That was like ten years ago. At least I made something. What've you done that's actually on topic for the site?

UnFacconable

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Today? That was like ten years ago. At least I made something. What've you done that's actually on topic for the site?

You’re proud to be taking away jobs from the artisans who have been crafting garments from sheets in the south for generations? To be fair, I never thought about it before but it probably has always been one of those DIY situations.

Ataturk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'll take that as a confession. Don't sweat it, though. If you're aiming to beat me at anything I care about, you're flying a bit too close to the sun. But jerking guys off in bathrooms? You'll always have that. Quit pretending to be something you're not and roll with it.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads