• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Van Veen

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
So... installing a venting range hood in a 2 story home... what are the options?
  1. Vent on exterior wall with ducts running parallel to joists (easiest)
  2. Vent on exterior wall with ducts running perpendicular to joists (only easy if stove is against the wall)
  3. Vent on roof, running duct through a 2nd floor wall or closet ($$$$$$)
Am I missing anything?

(Should note that 1. is out in this particular house because it would vent above the deck, which seems like a bad idea.)

RedLantern

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How high above the deck? Depending on the size of the deck I wouldn’t necessarily let avoiding a range hood vent out there dictate my kitchen layout.

flipstah

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Single basin all the way. Grew up with a serious cool mother who had one and am a semi serious cook myself - double basins are just annoying for any actual cookware.

When I remodelled my kitchen I put a double basin and I regret it. Single farmhouse style is so nice for washing giant pots and stuff.

What’s a super fancy place to get bath towels, bedsheets, etc.? I want to splurge and upgrade from Bed Bath and Beyond stuff.

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Would like to know the above, too. I got sucked into the Onsen towels since they looked a bit different, but they weren't very luxe and don't seem to be holding up too well. Interesting idea though.

Omega Male

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Van Veen

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
A couple of the fixer-uppers we were looking at went contingent (including the one we put an offer on). My wife is starting to panic since there's nothing else on the market we're interested in. I'm trying to calm her down because as much of a shithole as this place is, we still have have 5.5 months on the lease.

This is what I was worried about when we started on this, though. I don't want to go from a bad rental situation to a bad ownership situation because we panic bought something.

sftiger

Reaction score
When I remodelled my kitchen I put a double basin and I regret it. Single farmhouse style is so nice for washing giant pots and stuff.

What’s a super fancy place to get bath towels, bedsheets, etc.? I want to splurge and upgrade from Bed Bath and Beyond stuff.

I have Matouk towels that I like a lot. Not super fancy but definitely a nice step up. I always think of Frette as the fanciest of the widely-available brands.

jbarwick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Actually I just checked our wedding registry. Towels are Matouk, bedding is Sferra, which is very nice as well.

Same here. Our Matouk are via Neiman Marcus and we also do Sferra sheets. My in-laws are friends with the previous CEO of Sferra and had the hookup for quite a while.

jbarwick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Did not notice this on my walk through....worst setup of them all

367BB971-72F3-40E3-81C9-B6507CC22027.jpeg

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
How often are y’all working in the yard? I try to get out there once a week. Sweep up the sidewalk, water plants, a lot of sweeping.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads