• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Seems like shipping to Atlanta would be cost prohibitive. Easier just to have your local fungeon craftsman build one for you.
Keep it within the StyFo fambly and commission @SkinnyGoomba (can't tag him; did he quit the forvm?!) to build one for you.

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Sheeeit, i don’t want screaming kids in my backyard for 8 hours either

Actually, we have onsite daycare in the office. One of the VP’s has an office facing the basketball/multipurpose court. They had to reposition the court after he complained about the kids bouncing balls off his window during outdoor playtime

Gibonius

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Not going to lie, my neighbor's kids growing up increased my quality of life enormously. No more shrieking kids on the trampoline for hours at a time? Yes please.

I'm all for getting rid of single family zoning but not really sure how many perpetually daycare aged kids I'd want next door to me either.

brokencycle

Reaction score
Not going to lie, my neighbor's kids growing up increased my quality of life enormously. No more shrieking kids on the trampoline for hours at a time? Yes please.

I'm all for getting rid of single family zoning but not really sure how many perpetually daycare aged kids I'd want next door to me either.
Oh look at this NIMBY. Happy to be a YIMBY when it is something he wants.

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
City should have told them to stop being lazy WFH freeloaders and go back to the office! Daycares operate during business hours, so only bums are home to hear them.

Gibonius

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Oh look at this NIMBY. Happy to be a YIMBY when it is something he wants.
A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds.

And if I can employ aphorisms to justify my hypocrisy, by God I'll do it!

SixOhNine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
City should have told them to stop being lazy WFH freeloaders and go back to the office! Daycares operate during business hours, so only bums are home to hear them.
WFH? No way any of them work. This is totally cranky old pensioner "Get off my lawn!" type stuff, like the one lady that complained about not being able to open her windows between noon and 1 and between 4 and 5 because of the noise. Two hours a day you have to close your windows? The horror...

jbarwick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It is going from 8 to 16 kids in total and if the house in the pic is accurate, seems like a lot of kids for the space. I did laugh when the opposition said someone could try to open a funeral home, repair shop, corner store, or dry cleaner from their home.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
I think this is the big disconnect for me. The idea of having 100 people over for a cocktail party sounds like an absolute nightmare to me. I don't want people in my home: that's where I live.

That's why when you're a big timer you have private spaces and public spaces. Even in my decidedly non-big timer status we have a powder room just for guests in our indoor entertaining spaces then there's the bathroom in the guest house that services our pool/outdoor space. All the other bathrooms are ensuite, and as has been said, you don't want those in use for guests.

brokencycle

Reaction score
That's why when you're a big timer you have private spaces and public spaces. Even in my decidedly non-big timer status we have a powder room just for guests in our indoor entertaining spaces then there's the bathroom in the guest house that services our pool/outdoor space. All the other bathrooms are ensuite, and as has been said, you don't want those in use for guests.

I guess I'll flog the dead horse one more time.

I understand that, but the article said 13 full baths. That's 8 not attached to a bedroom. To me, that's a lot. Also why full baths off a living space?

The reality is that isn't actually the case on this house, so the owners agreed they didn't need 8 full bathrooms distributed around the rest of the house.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Coongameb52