• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The high end Chinese Shoe Thread

ReinerBraum

Reaction score
I would be if the stars align. What color? Any idea on the pricing?
I want liquor color like whiskey, bourbon, armagnac. Anything than basic shell offering and something wild like violet or marbled.

I would have to ask him about that one, its still interest check at this point.

Adhazem

Reaction score
I want liquor color like whiskey, bourbon, armagnac. Anything than basic shell offering and something wild like violet or marbled.

I would have to ask him about that one, its still interest check at this point.
Put me down as interested. Also keen on anything other than black or color 8 since they’re everywhere. Might wanna post in the boots thread too.

ReinerBraum

Reaction score
Put me down as interested. Also keen on anything other than black or color 8 since they’re everywhere. Might wanna post in the boots thread too.

Can you post things like this on general threads like that one? Sorry, I’m new to SF and I don’t want them to torch and fork me.

ReinerBraum

Reaction score
Oh where’s my manner,

Here’s how my 5515 in burgundy HH look like after one year (~5 months effective wear). I know its not so relevant to what we are going to do, but I’m just trying to showcase how high they have sets the clicking bars at. They don’t f around guys!

366A74DE-78C6-42FB-803E-9F60836AC13A.jpeg
2DE71FAB-A0E6-4BA0-A575-B6CAE7386C01.jpeg
5b5a9315-43f1-4c11-85ac-e60959a69c24-jpeg.1920603
BB904240-B754-42BF-BF99-CB2293E8639E.jpeg
1FCFE743-96BB-4248-9D7E-9440164C4692.jpeg

Attachments

• 5B5A9315-43F1-4C11-85AC-E60959A69C24.jpeg
    5B5A9315-43F1-4C11-85AC-E60959A69C24.jpeg
    491.3 KB · Views: 647

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Anyone interested in Horween shell GMTO with IronBoots? Partial to 5515, but can do Escape.

For the records they don’t offer this yet, in fact they don’t offer shell other than Maryams. But I talk to Cheng and he gave me a green light on this.
Yes, count me interested. Love the 2 boots I have from them

j ingevaldsson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
As the international sales agent for Oct. Tenth, I thought I'd chime in real quick.

I agree with Jesper that the people behind both Oct. Tenth and BW have been rather vague about this. In the same spirit as Jesper, I will also not comment on this and leave it at what it is. To me, the most important part is the quality of shoes they produce, and that is the sole reason I decided to work with them.

I can say though that since March, Oct. Tenth has moved to a larger, cleaner and more modern premises (still in Shanghai). They have no affiliation whatsoever to BW (anymore).

Once the workshop is fully installed (it still needs a bit of 'decorating) I plan to go there and write a full report. We have also appointed a professional photographer to take pictures of the production process, will be somewhere in april or may. This has been on the agenda since I first started working with them, but then COVID happened and borders were closed.

Alright, cool they're moving to bigger and better! Interesting they part with BW then, given the background, but guess it's just good for both if clearer separate.

ReinerBraum

Reaction score
Hey guys, sorry for the late updates.. had an unforeseen events..

Okay so Cheng got back to me, and there are a lot things to unpack… so please bear with me…

Aight first thing first the thing most of you guys are wondering about, the price and make up details:

Oh wait before I begin, unlike some MTO-based brands that allows you to pick last and makes it into different models, Iron Boots isn’t really one of them. I had a discussion with Cheng about how free we are to choose some of the details and how it of course affect the prices. So there are things we can do and there are things that we can’t. There are also things YOU could do with extras.

So things are fairly limited on some regards, rest is as followed;

• Upper: Horween Shell, color to be determined
  • Lining: Full cowhides/horsehides
  • Hardwares: You may choose your own configurations
  • Soles: Standard free of charges, upgrades Dr. Soles/Italian leather extra $70
  • Tongue: To be determined
  • Toes: Structured
  • Price: $1480

The Escape

• Upper: Horween Shell, color to be determined
  • Lining: Only vamp, cowhides/horsehides
  • Hardwares: You may choose your own configurations
  • Soles: Standard free of charges, upgrades Dr. Soles/Italian leather extra $70
  • Tongue: To be determined
  • Toes: Unstructured
  • Price: $1430

Okay here’s thing we need to discuss on a rather internal builds..

Kai strongly advise not to use shell on the inside of counter (they use actual 2 layers) because the part we usually use as upper is smoothened flesh side and the back is actually the grain side so when it meets it may cause ugly creases and squeaky issues that you won’t be able to remedy with just baby powders.

Now for the tongue, Kai also suggest to use anything but shell of how easy shell can tear knowing its one of the most stressed panel.

On the bright side we got lower price (above) or we could, of course choose to keep our lovely shell on these parts, but price will be different from above.

Sizing

Half side down from your brannock measurement is how I go, for the records: I’m 10.5 D high instep.

Speaking of size, any pairs that goes above 12D is extras $200.

For these to happen, we would need 5 person for each make up, Cheng is rather flexible on the payment- we could do 50/50 or full payments. The lead times would be ~3 months if we move these fast, you might get it before Falls.

ajay199127

Reaction score
NEW JIMJUN BOOT FOR SALE

Eddie.Lin

Reaction score
Finally went to Xibao's new factory today with my friend and tried out all the lasts they have.
IMG_20230513_133853.jpg

IMG_20230513_134220.jpg

New lasts and models. I think I'm going to get the single monk once my butterfly loafter is done.
IMG_20230513_134250.jpg

Some more shoes pic.
IMG_20230513_134454.jpg

Choosing leather for my loafter
IMG_20230513_141726.jpg

IMG_20230513_142230.jpg

IMG_20230513_142233.jpg

Some more pics

IMG_20230513_154751.jpg

IMG_20230513_154801.jpg

IMG_20230513_154826.jpg

IMG_20230513_155043.jpg

ajay199127

Reaction score
Finally went to Xibao's new factory today with my friend and tried out all the lasts they have.
View attachment 1956813

View attachment 1956815

New lasts and models. I think I'm going to get the single monk once my butterfly loafter is done.
View attachment 1956817
Some more shoes pic.
View attachment 1956819

Choosing leather for my loafter
View attachment 1956821
View attachment 1956823
View attachment 1956825

Some more pics

View attachment 1956827
View attachment 1956829
View attachment 1956831
View attachment 1956833

Their PU/Huang are lasts are amazing and they fit me well. Can you state the difference between them and their new last they released?

Eddie.Lin

Reaction score
Their PU/Huang are lasts are amazing and they fit me well. Can you state the difference between them and their new last they released?
I would say their new lasts, K and O I believe, are slightly more elongated and narrower looking at the front compared to Pu/Huang. The fit should still be similar according to Xibao's comment. I only had the chance to try one that's half size larger than my normal Huang size and I think you should be safe to go with your normal Pu/Huang size.

Eddie.Lin

Reaction score
As the international sales agent for Oct. Tenth, I thought I'd chime in real quick.

I agree with Jesper that the people behind both Oct. Tenth and BW have been rather vague about this. In the same spirit as Jesper, I will also not comment on this and leave it at what it is. To me, the most important part is the quality of shoes they produce, and that is the sole reason I decided to work with them.

I can say though that since March, Oct. Tenth has moved to a larger, cleaner and more modern premises (still in Shanghai). They have no affiliation whatsoever to BW (anymore).

Once the workshop is fully installed (it still needs a bit of 'decorating) I plan to go there and write a full report. We have also appointed a professional photographer to take pictures of the production process, will be somewhere in april or may. This has been on the agenda since I first started working with them, but then COVID happened and borders were closed.
Tom, we are still waiting on the report ;)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads