• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Kirby Allison: Affiliate thread

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Kirby,

I went through this thread but didn't see this topic covered.

I was given a pair of white suede CJ shoes that are probably 6-8 years old. They have been worn, they have some scuffs and are an ivory shade of white.

Can I use your suede cleaner on them? Or will that mess up the ivory/white color?

What do you recommend for ongoing care of white suede bucks?

Last edited:

Gianni Cerutti

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
New Merola Nappa Leather Gloves. Five colors, five sizes. Silk lined.

- Constructed from supple Nappa leather ranch-raised in Italy
- Five colors: black, brown, navy, burgundy, and green
- Hand-cut and hand-sewn in Naples, Italy
- Elegant Inseam stitching
- Fully silk-lined with tie-silk accenting
- Three decorative "cordoni," or cords, sewn onto back
Entertainment ... I love Merola gloves ... he finishes crazy

eddiemczee

Reaction score

Kirby,

I went through this thread but didn't see this topic covered.

I was given a pair of white suede CJ shoes that are probably 6-8 years old. They have been worn, they have some scuffs and are an ivory shade of white.

Can I use your suede cleaner on them? Or will that mess up the ivory/white color?

What do you recommend for ongoing care of white suede bucks?

I assume the suede cleaner combined with the eraser will help lessen the stain without smearing it, based on the photos from Kirby's guide with his tan Rider boots, but I'm not certain.

For what it's worth though, that stuff is magic. I used it on my pair of chocolate suede oxfords to clean up a stain where someone spilled there beer on me (okay, where I spilled my beer on me) and my shoes look brand new.

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
^^^Yes the suede cleaner works magic on tan and dark colored suedes but I have never seen or heard of anyone using it on white suede bucks. Has anyone? Or will I be a first in Saphir suede history?

kirbya

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

This is a belated Shoe Shine Sunday post! Before Presidential Shoe Shine
and After Presidential Shoe Shine
The Dubbin Graisse definitely helped lessen the creasing. Next time I want to try navy polish on these black shoes. (http://www.hangerproject.com/blog/2012/06/30/navy-shoe-polish)
:slayer::slayer: Let me know when you place your next order. I'll throw in a tin of 50 ml navy wax.

kirbya

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

^^^Yes the suede cleaner works magic on tan and dark colored suedes but I have never seen or heard of anyone using it on white suede bucks. Has anyone? Or will I be a first in Saphir suede history?

I wouldn't see any reason why the Omni'Nettoyant wouldn't work on Suede Bucks. Should be totally safe. The powdered chalk is new to me, but sounds like a good method for keeping them white. Let me know how it works out!

Otherwise, hopefully I can see them in person when we're in San Francisco next week!

kirbya

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Twelve Days of Christmas: Day 1 - Stay Warm

Today marks the beginning of our Twelve Days of Christmas campaign where we spotlight different gifting ideas on each of the twelve days proceeding the last day for UPS Ground Shipping. Day 1 is STAY WARM. Given the recent cold snap, it seems particularly well-timed.

We have some new items that we've added :

Cruciani "Sofino" Cashmere Knit Polo - Navy & Black

Entirely knitted using Diamante Rosso cashmere, the finest and longest cashmere fiber in the world, Cruciani "Sofino" Cashmere is easily some of the softest to come out of Italy. The product is entirely "Made in Italy," beginning with the cashmere yarn which is spun by Cariaggi in southern Italy. The two-piece collar (as opposed to a knit collar) allows the polo to easily be worn under a jacket without the collar collapsing. I've been wearing this cashmere knit for two weeks now. It is incredibly soft, light and warm -- perfect to help me transition from fall into winter here in Texas.

Cruciani Merino Wool V-Neck Sweater

A little bit easier on the pocketbook, this Cruciani Knit V-Neck is knit from merino wool. Available in three colors: navy, dark grey, and taupe. Fantastic layering piece to help add extra warmth in the winter without adding unnecessary bulk. What I love about these v-necks is the low v-stance, which creates a generous window allowing one's dress shirt and tie to still be appreciated.

Robert Keyte Real Ancient Madder Silk Scarf

We've all seen Ancient Madder Drake's ties - but an Ancient Madder Silk Scarf? Robert Keyte is the only company left in the world producing ancient madder screen printed silk. They're it. If you've purchased an ancient madder tie, the silk came from them. Their Ancient Madder Scarf was a huge hit at the trunk show. Because of it's generous dimension, it really showcases the unique chalky hand of ancient madder. We have this in two colorways: one with red accents and one with pink accents. Both hand hand-tied tassels, making them beautiful evening scarves.

THE CLASSICS

Items you've already seen but nonetheless fantastic: Merola Nappa Leather Gloves, Palatino Super-Fine Wool OTC Socks, and a Drake's Printed Wool & Silk Scarf.

Whether for you or someone else, I invite you to discover something new at The Hanger Project this winter season. Domestic shipping is on us.

Cheers,
Kirby

Last edited:

kirbya

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Twelve Days of Christmas: Day 1 - Stay Warm

http://www.hangerproject.com/newsletters/twelvedays/stay-polished.html

Day 2 of our Twelve Days of Christmas is something that I'm sure that everyone on this forum already does quite well - staying polished. It's been a fantastic year for our Saphir Medaille d'Or Shoe Polish. To celebrate this success, we have just launched our largest and most comprehensive Saphir Shoeshine Kit ye - our Ultimate Shoeshine Starter Kit. This kit contains practically everything from Saphir that we have to sell. All of the shoeshine brushes and daubers are from La Cordonnerie Anglaise and it comes in our new Deluxe Shoeshine Valet, which we have crafted here in Dallas out of exotic hardwoods.

Already loaded up on Saphir? Check out our Barberis Flanel Shoe Bags -- the firm just celebrated last night their 350th anniversary. These shoe bags are extravagant, for sure. Crafted out of Barberis' finest flannel suiting with ribbon cords. Comes boxes as a set of four bags (two sets).

moopband

Reaction score
Quick shoe care question:

I got a pretty nasty gash on the toe of my Allen Edmonds Fifth Avenues. It almost looks liek it shredded the leather a little bit. What are your guys suggestions to fix this issue w/ the Saphir shoe care products?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads