• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The EW Best Movies of the Last 25 Years

Bradford

Current Events Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jerry34
There was a trend and still is a trend to hate the movie Titanic because "it's just a cheesy love story", or whatever reason you may have. Regardless of your opinion, it's one of the best movies of its time, and the numbers speak for themselves. Back to the Future was also on his list of movies that were bad, which is a joke. Back to the Future is a terrific franchise, and will always be a classic. There's something about Mary is another great comedy. A lot of people place it in the top 10 comedies done in the last decade-and rightfully so. That being said, there were a lot of terrible movies in the list, but art is art. Everyone has an opinion.

Titanic was overhyped crap. Sure the special effects were cool, but the story was ridiculous and the film ran way too long. Saying that the numbers speak for themselves is like saying that Harlequin publishes classic literature.

Back to the Future was a great movie, but as a franchise it sucked. I'd go ahead and say that the first movie is a classic, but 2 and 3 were among the worst examples of the type of sequels that succeeded solely on the reputation built by the first film. I remember being so excited when the sequels were released and so disappointed after seeing them.

RJman

Posse Member
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Jerry34 is like a stereotype of reasons not to come to LA, which is too bad, because LA is an interesting place apart from jackasses who confuse "best" with "terrific franchise' and "the numbers".

How did Evil Dead 2 end up in there but "Army of Darkness" didn't?

jerry34

Reaction score
Originally Posted by RJman
Jerry34 is like a stereotype of reasons not to come to LA, which is too bad, because LA is an interesting place apart from jackasses who confuse "best" with "terrific franchise' and "the numbers". How did Evil Dead 2 end up in there but "Army of Darkness" didn't?
Apparently you don't work in any business related field what-so-ever. Go to your superior and tell him your product/idea was great because "you say so", and you shouldn't be fired even though you personally cost the company 20 million dollars. You're a moron. The story in Titanic was ridiculous...not really. Did you expect them to make a movie about the ship sinking, and that's it? Nobody would see the damn thing, everyone knows the boat sinks at the end-there has to be substance when the audience goes into the movie knowing that will happen in the end.

Thracozaag

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The story in Titanic was ridiculous...not really. Did you expect them to make a movie about the ship sinking, and that's it? Nobody would see the damn thing, everyone knows the boat sinks at the end-there has to be substance when the audience goes into the movie knowing that will happen in the end.

lol8[1].gif

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
Originally Posted by redcaimen
Dont worry. He is just maintaining his edge as a gentrification shock trooper. This is the kind of thing that keeps the will to conquer alive.

PS Why no Rambo films? I saw the last one and it was hilarious! Flesh eating pig. Heads blown off bodies. Jeep driver disintegrated by his own mounted machine gun. Guy who dared to ******** with white woman getting his throat torn out. Stalones greasy long hair and far away stare. If you thought the Talented Mr Ripley was better then there is something seriously wrong with you.

It's difficult to keep the rage alive when you have to live with the guilt of being responsible for the Mojito epidemic. I also hear they're trying to pin fixed-gears on me, which would probably make me subject to international prosecution for hipsterism against humanity.

I recently watched bad boys I and II and I like the first one so I'd say it's safe to affirm I can appreciate a wide swath of movies, just don't ask me to say they're wonderful masterpieces when they aren't.

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LabelKing
I don't know about you, but Clueless is far superior than something like Bob Le Flambeur.

Stay of of this LautrÃ
00a9.png
amont or I'll stick a tortoise shard into your eyes!! I know they probably pay a good amount of money to have this done in Germany but I'm willing to work for free.
fight[1].gif

Honestly Clueless isn't bad at all...

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
Apparently you don't work in any business related field what-so-ever. Go to your superior and tell him your product/idea was great because "you say so", and you shouldn't be fired even though you personally cost the company 20 million dollars. You're a moron. The story in Titanic was ridiculous...not really. Did you expect them to make a movie about the ship sinking, and that's it? Nobody would see the damn thing, everyone knows the boat sinks at the end-there has to be substance when the audience goes into the movie knowing that will happen in the end.
Look I'm not sure if you're kidding or not with this analogy but artistic merit can and is discussed without establishing a relation to commercial success. Classics is also a term that is used for works of art that do attain a certain enduring consideration in the eyes of people in the know (let's call them cultural elites to make our friend Bourdieu happy), which makes it hard to apply it to relatively recent movies like those on the list. Oh and art appreciation, contrary to what you were implying in an earlier post, is part debatable and part consensual, which means that not everything goes and that some movies, for example, sort of create a consensus around themselves. This is true for citizen cane (which I don't particularly enjoy) but not for Titanic, no matter how much money the former lost and the latter made. You may be in the business of making films and I won't begrudge you for that, but that doesn't imply that you get to have a valid appeal to personal authority when it comes to appreciating which movie is an artistic success and which one isn't.

LabelKing

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Fuuma
Stay of of this LautrÃ
00a9.png
amont or I'll stick a tortoise shard into your eyes!! I know they probably pay a good amount of money to have this done in Germany but I'm willing to work for free.
fight[1].gif
Honestly Clueless isn't bad at all...

What about The Incredibles? I'll leave a scar.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads