• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Definitive Guide to Slim Fit Shirts

D Yizz

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Valproate
The problem is that the collars are really short (2 inches) and the cuffs are too. Otherwise, the Brooks Brothers boys size 18 is just a tad trimmer than the Extra Slim Fit 14.5/32.

I sent back all the Size 18's and stocked up on 14.5/32's.

Although a 14.5 is perfect for me to use without a tie, my neck is between 15 and 15.5. Therefore, I still have to buy the 15"s and have them taken just a bit at the waist.

wj2009

Reaction score
Originally Posted by GQ1
Just discovered: American Classics by Russell Simmons for Walmart. Slim fit button down shirts in oxford cloth and poplin (small gingham) for only $12 each! Very nicely tailored with side gussets. They are available in selected stores. Recommended!

Example:
http://www.walmart.com/ip/American-C...em+Description

I never thought the name of Walmart would ever appear on SF.

jemcgarvey

Reaction score
Agreed. I once had a dire emergency need for some navy socks, and bought the most expensive ones they had...

$10 completely wasted. You can see right through them, and I guarantee they would have fallen apart in a heartbeat.

There's something to be said about shrewd purchases, and also about wearing clothes that are comfortable and well made... definitely worth putting whatever finances you have available into something decent, even if it means waiting or having a less varied wardrobe.

Ossington

Reaction score
I think if the walmart reviews of that shirt aren't along the lines of - this shirt is too slim. why can't an XL be an XL anymore. I haven't changed, but all shirts have. only communists/liberals would wear this. - Then its probably fits like a blimp.

landshark

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I made the mistake of buying an express shirt today. The fit is incredibly tempting, but the shirts leave a lot to be desired. They were 40% so I figured I'd pick one up. It ended up being just under $40 after tax, and for that price, I'd rather be doing something MTM. So, definitely returning it tomorrow.

John_Edward

Reaction score
Finally had a chance to pop into United Colors of Benetton. These are the best OTR shirts I've found in America. Both Euro sizing and S/M/L sizing fit. A tailor may be able to touch up the fit a bit, but can probably get by without any alterations whatsoever. Definitely worth a look if one's in the area.

ghdtpdna

Reaction score
Originally Posted by John_Edward
Finally had a chance to pop into United Colors of Benetton. These are the best OTR shirts I've found in America. Both Euro sizing and S/M/L sizing fit. A tailor may be able to touch up the fit a bit, but can probably get by without any alterations whatsoever. Definitely worth a look if one's in the area.

I have a couple of their slim fit shirts. Their L fits pretty nicely around back and chest but very tight on shoulder and waist is still somewhat baggy. They are great for those with not so developed shoulders for the price, they are pretty great.

ghdvfddzgzdzg

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
giltman has a Baron Wells sale today--started 15 minutes ago. now i'll have five baron wells shirts.

jays978

Reaction score
I found that RLPL's sized shirts (S,M,L) are awesome if you sized down one. I usually wear a medium and own a small buttown down shirt from them and it's the best fitting shirt I own. I feel like a million bucks when I wear it!
biggrin.gif

leegrego

Reaction score
how about t-shirts that fit skinny but tall people like myself. my chest is around 32-34" but i'm 6 ft and most t-shirts that fit me around the chest are too short in length, help?
eh.gif

thoogsby

Reaction score
Did I miss the BB Dress shirt sale? I know they already had the Sport Shirt sale but I would love to pick up an Extra-Slim Dress Shirt on discount. They've had a different item go on sale everyday this week and I may have forgotten to check each day.

Publius

Reaction score
I don't think they've had the dress shirts on sale yet.

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Ron Hitson
Arrow Brand shirts make a good fitted dress shirt for slim guys.

Is it just me or are the spammers getting sneakier? (pardon me if this is actually just a legit noob who fails at lurking and the two referral payment whoring webistes in the sig are just a coincidence)

got a relevant avatar...posts that look legitimate (but also look like "I just read the thread title, here is what I think")

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 106 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 106 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 47 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.5%

Forum statistics

Threads