• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The CM Graveyard: First Sartoria Partenopea... next J. Crew?

othertravel

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I bought a 2nd hand cashmere sports coat in the RLPL Drake fit recently from eBay for £40. I love the shoulder. It’s quite structured in terms of the wadding at the sleevehead and the (modest) rope, but has relatively limited padding along the shoulder line. Unattractive bathroom selfie below. The Black Label Anthony shoulder isn’t all that different actually - perhaps a little more wadding and slightly more built up - but it is certainly much wider and almost costumey in terms of the shoulder to chest ratio (e.g. my size 42 Anthony has measures a tiny 21" from pit to pit smaller than most of my size 40 jackets) but over 19" across the shoulders).

View attachment 1091318

Thank you for sting this. Exactly what I was looking for.

The Anthony is a little ridiculous.

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thank you for sting this. Exactly what I was looking for.

The Anthony is a little ridiculous.
My last remaining RLBL is the Anthony in Gray Sharkskin. Only real bold-shouldered suit I own. I actually like it!

IChen

Reaction score
If you fit into the RLBL Anthony, generally it's loved. It was...well I wouldn't say a godsend but it was awesome for tall, slim guys. I just felt the fabric choices...well a little lacking after a while.

I wonder how the Gregory is since I suppose it's the new Anthony?

taxgenius

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I actually wore my grey RLBL Anthony today. Love the fit, fabric is nothing special. Got it on SF for cheap.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
If you fit into the RLBL Anthony, generally it's loved. It was...well I wouldn't say a godsend but it was awesome for tall, slim guys. I just felt the fabric choices...well a little lacking after a while.

I wonder how the Gregory is since I suppose it's the new Anthony?

Gregory is shorter and very little pad.

Their fabric choice certainly has changed in the later years of RLBL, though now seem back to more “luxury” once it fell under RLPL

StockwellDay

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I picked up 2 RLBL Anthony from Gilt in 2009, the good early days, and wore them into the ground. The navy developed a heavy sheen and although the grey glencheck held up better, it was retired recently.

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I picked up 2 RLBL Anthony from Gilt in 2009, the good early days, and wore them into the ground. The navy developed a heavy sheen and although the grey glencheck held up better, it was retired recently.
I grabbed the Gray Sharkskin when the BL line was cancelled and the stores were dumping them at 75% off. Had one other that was a peak lapel pin stripe in sapphire blue but I got tired of it and passed it on through Tailored Consignment. Only have one PRL sport coat and one RLPL suit left. I think lately I've gotten much more RL for my wife and kids (college age) than for myself.

othertravel

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I used to love Anthony as well, but in hindsight the shoulder padding was too much. I liked the fabric selections (an associate at the mansion mentioned that all BL fabrics were Holland and Sherry).

crazn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Ich_Dien

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sort of like this. This ad was in the recent Rake with RL on the cover. I saw another RL ad somewhere recently with an RL overcoat that looked like the BBGF coat @clee1982 referenced but with three gold stripes (and Royal Navy circle) like a Navy Commander. Way over the top.

View attachment 1091344

04-purple-label-ralph-loren-fw18.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 107 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 107 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 47 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics