• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this!

NewStart

Reaction score
Gentlemen,

Just wanted to note that the Mods have determined that @Boyd who was offering the Islay's at $300 has been banned for being a scammer. I noted it and did a strikethrough on my highlight posting above as well as my link-back in his B&S listing.

Hopefully nobody got burned but this is a gentle reminder that while most buyers and sellers are on the up-and-up there are still crooks and scoundrels out in the wilds and woolies. Please keep your wits about you, especially when a deal looks too good to be true.

Carry on!
Thanks for the note @razl I saw the ad before and thought that the guy have got some good stuffs. Just curious how we can determine this is a scammer? In my opinion, $300 is achievable for the Islay. If memory serves, CJ factory in Northampton sells them for around £200, based on the current FX it is actually below $300.

(obviously lots of assumptions there, I am just curious)

theh00d

Reaction score

Thanks Razl for the mention! Already sold the green gables, looking for more quick sales!

Are you size 28 or 29 in epaulet trouser?
Been looking for some for awhile.

Anyway lurking this thread but nothing for lanky guys like me so far lol

razl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Thanks for the note @razl
 I saw the ad before and thought that the guy have got some good stuffs. Just curious how we can determine this is a scammer? In my opinion, $300 is achievable for the Islay. If memory serves, CJ factory in Northampton sells them for around £200, based on the current FX it is actually below $300. 

I've got just a bit of insight but without the explicit OK to retell and hesitant to do so because openly discussing details may help future @#$%ers avoid being spotted, let's just say it wasn't the post per-se (I agree, $300 Islay's are doable) but a lot of indirect and related info that added up to a very bad smell. The Mods felt the evidence was enough and weighed in appropriately. From what I know, it was the right call.

I'll also add, without names, that it was a potential buyer here who started the ball rolling when things weren't adding up. He let the mods know and things proceeded from there.

I point it out just so the newer members can get a sense of how these things work. No, not every unanswered PM means "thief!", but if you think something really is going south, let a mod know (or me, I'll happily pass it along). They can sift the wheat from the chaff and come to a resolution.

Last edited:

othertravel

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Thanks for the note @razl
 I saw the ad before and thought that the guy have got some good stuffs. Just curious how we can determine this is a scammer? In my opinion, $300 is achievable for the Islay. If memory serves, CJ factory in Northampton sells them for around £200, based on the current FX it is actually below $300. 

I put in an offer for $250 and he accepted. Thankfully no transaction took place.

GMMcL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Reasonable offers on combined items are always considered, but I think my prices are pretty well in line with recent sold items here and on ebay. They're also reflective of my costs.

I'm also trying to keep with the good natured spirit of the thread and fellow sellers, who have generously offered 10% above.

Last edited:

heldentenor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Over the past couple of years, there have been several "fishy" posts offering C&J Tetburys for very low prices. I believe multiple scammers or perhaps the same person under multiple guises has used this particular shoe as bait for a scam. Caveat emptor.

justinkapur

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Are you size 28 or 29 in epaulet trouser?
Been looking for some for awhile.

Anyway lurking this thread but nothing for lanky guys like me so far lol

Unfortunately I am a 31-32 in epaulet. I do have a few other trousers in a 29 if you are interested PM me

The Ernesto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Over the past couple of years, there have been several "fishy" posts offering C&J Tetburys for very low prices.  I believe multiple scammers or perhaps the same person under multiple guises has used this particular shoe as bait for a scam.  Caveat emptor.

Thanks to the mods, Razl and anyone else sorting these things out.

chobochobo

Rubber Chicken
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Always take care with transactions on the board. As I've found out to my cost, post counts and join dates mean very little; make sure you are well protected eg through paypal and accept no excuses for delays beyond the period allowed for claims. Looking at trader feedback can be useful but is no guarantee.

Nikola

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Over the past couple of years, there have been several "fishy" posts offering C&J Tetburys for very low prices. I believe multiple scammers or perhaps the same person under multiple guises has used this particular shoe as bait for a scam. Caveat emptor.
How can someone scam you if you are purchasing via Paypal? If he's a real scammer you won't be the only victim, meaning Paypal will start picking complaints against the same account, meaning you will be refunded easily. I can't imagine paying someone via Bank account or Western Union anyway ..

othertravel

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

How can someone scam you if you are purchasing via Paypal? If he's a real scammer you won't be the only victim, meaning Paypal will start picking complaints against the same account, meaning you will be refunded easily. I can't imagine paying someone via Bank account or Western Union anyway ..

You can be scammed through paypal if you send the payment as gift/personal. There's no recourse if you do that.

Nikola

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sending money as a gift is basically same as paying via Bank Account or Western Union I guess. Risking the whole transaction over a 3% is really not a good idea. I can't imagine why would someone risk a $500 transaction over a 15 bucks. Also, as per rules, fees are sellers responsibility I believe. But, yeah, good advice for people not aware of this!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads