• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this!

jreigen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Why were you paying $340?? He listed them for $325 and there was nothing stated about best offer?

I had already given in to his request to add for pp fees, which I figured would be $10-13. When he wanted me to match another offer of $340 I figured WTF, I'm already at $335+.

chobochobo

Rubber Chicken
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
It happens. I've had it happen to me a few times here - refunding payment/ deposits etc and whilst it does leave a bad taste in the mouth but what the hell, there are more important things to worry about.

ShayaEXQT

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

StockwellDay

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
EG Dover and G&G Hove

http://www.styleforum.net/t/396814/g-g-hove-eg-dover-size-10e-and-10-5e

Napoli Su Misura Suits, Sport Coats and Pants

http://www.styleforum.net/t/382707/...suits-sport-jackets-and-trousers#post_7365652

Both these guys have some incredible stuff for sale.

From the same seller:

http://www.styleforum.net/t/348710/...-macclesfield-silks-fermo-fossati-satin/0_100

The Hober he has left... it would be mine if I didn't own it already. I'll do him a favor and link to a pic since it's no longer for sale on the SH website: Great price.
http://www.pinterest.com/pin/3940718396479326/

FlyingMonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Damn! Was gonna snag that tie til I noticed he doesn't ship internationally

Yeah, that really annoys me. I can understand on ebay where there are restrictions that you can't get around, but on B&S? Surely if a fellow forum member is prepared to pay for international shipping, people should make the effort. I do.

marblehouse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

@marblehouse, great work! ...

If theres a way to make someone the forum admin for B&S, I nominate you, @marblehouse.

Thank you! I believe this may have surpassed my Moo x Dancing Bear as my most liked forum post of all time - I finally found my calling as a moderator.

Haven't had any time so just catching up - if you see a member with lots of negative feedbacks selling or have had a bad experience, please report it/let us know in addition to feedback. The B&S's success is predicated on trust and it helps to talk to them directly to inform or remind of best practices. The member mentioned definitely had a lapse in judgment, but his other transactions have gone well with SFers. We should hold members accountable and warn others, but caution against the tendency to get swept up in mob mentality.

Some don't find the rules/practices (i.e. additional PayPal fees) as intuitive. Others just need a reminder to act civil and will change for the better.

If not, we'll deal with them.

- MH

ellsbebc

Reaction score

"Superb deal"

what-you-did-there-i-see-it.jpg

marblehouse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

teoky

Reaction score
This thread has gone quiet lately. Lets revive it with this great deal. Awesome shoes, sadly not my size.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads