• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Best and Worst Hotel breakfasts?

SField

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
One of my favs is The Driskill in Austin.

Incredible breakfast place.

musicguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
+1 for Japanese hotels. In Sapporo at APA hotel they had just about anything you can imagine for breakfast, both Japanese and Western food. In Osaka at Rihga Royal Hotel, I probably had the best breakfast during my Japan stay this past summer. Great pastries, omelette bar, fresh juices, cereals, yum. I'm sure the meats and fish were excellent as well, but I don't eat either. There was quite an assortment at both hotels.

MLIW

Reaction score
Good to hear about the Japanese Breakfast - I like the idea of mix and match.

dragon8

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Gradn Hyatt in Shanghai has a very good breakfast. A mixture of east and west breakfast selections. A mix of fresh OJ, watermeleon , grapefruit and canteloupe juice.

uhurit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Sazerac
Best hotel breakfast has to be at the Metropol in Moscow. A buffet of almost every conceivable breakfast food in the world, all of it expertly prepared.

It was almost an embarrassment of riches when you realize how much of it will be thrown away, however, and how just a block or two away there are pensioners starving in the streets. But oh well! Garcon, another half-dozen croissants and some miso soup while you're at it, pozhalsta!

EDIT: To the OP: great photos. Making me hungry just looking at them.

+1

Moscow hotels have been known for serving gluttonous buffets...as to their quality, that varies

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
My favorite is Norma's at the Le Parker Meridien Hotel in New York.

vinouspleasure

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've traveled a lot for work and have been mostly nonplussed by breakfast in hotels. However, the grand hotel in amsterdam consistently had great breakfasts.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Any place that has an open buffet and patron's children sneezing on and touching the food = the worst for me. So basically, I tend to eat breakfast in my suite. They probably pull the stuff right off the touched and sneezed on buffet but at least I don't have to see it.

ashpool

Reaction score
I think AC Hotel in Barcelona has a good breakfast selection. I don't have a picture, but basically there are 4 stations buffet style. Their scrambled egg is a little weak, but that's made up by having an extensive selection of prosciutto and cured hams as well as really good pastries, and fruit selection. Not to mention, you can eat it while enjoying the beautiful warm Mediterranean breeze.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads