• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

thesartorialistbanker

Reaction score
Bespoke John Lobb St. James - penny loafers in Teju lizard

8461E1A1-F881-4B6D-82AF-490F7A248C56.jpeg

boringbear

Reaction score
could you highlight some of the obvious problems for those of us without as experienced an eye?
The most obvious two are the big creases on both inner side of the shoes and you can see the silhouette between the instep & vamp is not smooth, that's a sign showed that the instep is probably too low. The pics below are my bespoke pairs from two different Japanese makers and I think they fitted pretty well, FYR

螢幕截圖 2020-08-04 下午7.20.21.png
螢幕截圖 2020-08-04 下午7.21.26.png

Last edited:

Concordia

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Basically don’t buy GC bespoke. There are more than enough stories here of their poor customer service and low quality shoes.
Damn. I won't say they are the best in every category, but they have been the most reliable source for me over a couple of decades. Of course, it was a sister's FIL who alerted me when they left New & Lingwood to start out-- everything changes eventually.

Concordia

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
It’s Glasgow JR who writes like that, he often brings up how one must be miserable without wife and friends when you ask questions about their shoes they can’t answer, since they are tangled up in lies. Happened to me several times.
Holy ****. I hope someone hacked their account. To have that kind of attitude floating around anyone's office is the kiss of death.

Concordia

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
me look that word up

he not like igents,
he say they "idiots"
he say they "not our type of customer"
he dislike man who read internet about clothes

and he had skills to match it with the best
Wayne Booth once told an audience about a remark he'd heard in a faculty lounge. "You know, X is a real asshole. Of course, when I say that, I mean it in its non-pejorative sense."

Concordia

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Concordia

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads