• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Armoury - Official Affiliate Thread

sake99

Reaction score
Is there any chance of the The Armoury by Porter Traveller’s Briefcase being restocked ever? Or honestly even a second hand reseller because I'm obsessed and desperate.
you can try dropping them an email. I sent them an email in May and they said they still had the olive with black trimmings in the Hong Kong store. They also said 'if you're interested in the other colors, then we will not be restocking them in the near future as they require very high minimum order quantities.'

garigo

Reaction score
Is there any chance of the The Armoury by Porter Traveller’s Briefcase being restocked ever? Or honestly even a second hand reseller because I'm obsessed and desperate.
I would buy one too if they brought it back. Hopefully showing interest can help in that way.

Max@TheArmoury

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I just saw the Spigola MTO announcement. Do we know if there will be any more RTW drops from Koji this year?
Yes! We'll have a black pebble grained loafer on a lug sole arriving soon!
Or navy blazers?
The answer is yes! We just restocked our Balloon jackets, and we'll have a new navy sport coat arriving later this month.
Seems like they're replacing the "Harbour Breeze" line (which I have and like a lot) with the First Class. I'm sure they're just as good but definitely curious why the transition. I know the Harbour Breeze was a custom cloth for them by Taylor & Lodge, so maybe sourcing that became a challenge.
Unfortunately we were no longer able to order the Harbour Breeze cloth, so we worked for a while to find a suitable replacement, and we're quite happy with what we've found!
We're hoping to have these back for 2024! We're working on it, so keep your eye's peeled.

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Do you all think this could be "the one" navy odd jacket for FW season, or there could be other fabrics to consider? Just thinking out loud, toying with the idea of one jacket in navy for FW and when the season changes again another navy jacket for SS.

I also feel like DWW would say the jacket looks short but maybe just on the model.

This one here, https://www.thearmoury.com/products...oon-model-3-sport-coat?variant=16040273018951

jeremygo

Reaction score
Do you all think this could be "the one" navy odd jacket for FW season, or there could be other fabrics to consider? Just thinking out loud, toying with the idea of one jacket in navy for FW and when the season changes again another navy jacket for SS.

I also feel like DWW would say the jacket looks short but maybe just on the model.

This one here, https://www.thearmoury.com/products...oon-model-3-sport-coat?variant=16040273018951
I don't have any experience with the balloon fabrics - but my personal pick for a FW navy jacket would be this one: https://www.thearmoury.com/collecti...one-model-3-sport-coat?variant=40291991814215

The fabric is outrageously nice in person.

epsilon22

Reaction score
I don't have any experience with the balloon fabrics - but my personal pick for a FW navy jacket would be this one: https://www.thearmoury.com/collecti...one-model-3-sport-coat?variant=40291991814215

The fabric is outrageously nice in person.
This fabric is really nice, I got it for my one (for now) cold season navy jacket.

The balloon isn't super lightweight, but is very open compared to this herringbone. I'm thinking of getting the balloon as well eventually.

staves

Reaction score
Any chance the Navy Model 3 in First Class Wool gets restock in size 44? Been looking at D93/Armoury for Size 44s but no luck so far!

stevam

Reaction score
could this be worn in 70 to high 80s and humid weather?

Or am I resigned to linen and linen blends? Q.Q

Also, what's the weight on it?
I took it to a recent business trip home in Cameroon last month and wore it in Douala (then 28-30°C), in Yaoundé (then 25-27°C), both cities scoring mid to high 90s% RH.

I wore it with royal oxford, fine twill and cotton-linen shirts... And it worked well. I felt the association with the royal oxford shirt stroke the right balance of smart & comfort for me in that heat.

No precise information about weight... I recall seeing a similar fabric at 70 wool / 30 Mohair at 320g. This one is 75/25, so I assume it's close.

Based on my experience, in Douala especially, I know it will perform well for me in humid heat. Your experience may indeed vary.

I hope this is helpful 🙏🏾

NadalRG

Reaction score
I took it to a recent business trip home in Cameroon last month and wore it in Douala (then 28-30°C), in Yaoundé (then 25-27°C), both cities scoring mid to high 90s% RH.

I wore it with royal oxford, fine twill and cotton-linen shirts... And it worked well. I felt the association with the royal oxford shirt stroke the right balance of smart & comfort for me in that heat.

No precise information about weight... I recall seeing a similar fabric at 70 wool / 30 Mohair at 320g. This one is 75/25, so I assume it's close.

Based on my experience, in Douala especially, I know it will perform well for me in humid heat. Your experience may indeed vary.

I hope this is helpful 🙏🏾
Thank you for the reply.

I am new to the ring jacket, but have long admired their sport jackets. I haven't made the plunge to purchase for sizing concerns. I purchased a size 34 US (44 IT/EU) from S&M and Pini Parma to dip my toes into the sartorial world, however I found out that the jackets fit too snug around my back/chest area, I sized up to 36 to try it out for SS and Natalino and they're perfect around the chest/ back, however the Natalino jacket is quite long, I'm a short and slim fella at 5'6" (168cm) and around 136 lbs, however I'm in good shape, zero belly and have a V taper torso.

So, I guess the question for anyone that may know is, will a size 46 fit me well, after alterations of course or does the Ring Jacket run big?

Thank you

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Skeem1