• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

csmitty

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Jumping in late in the game as I wanted see some get through to the final rounds. Threw my hat in for the shell Townley. Looks like its sitting in 4th place. I'm slightly dependent on how the invoicing is set up as I have a standing offer from Recrafting on a new pair of shoes that I'd like to take them up on with this build if goes though.

Exposed vs Blind I'm open to discussion.

patliean1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
And EC are discontinued correct? Even for MTOs? Boo.

ridethecliche

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Those navy EC's are so clutch.
@mimo , you think those won't look formal enough? They look great!

fairlynerdy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@watchidiot, just wanted to say that I'm not participating in the survey because I'm still half in and half out and thus don't think it's fair for my opinion to factor into the group's decision. But depending on final price, I may be in for "the TJ". AE should put it into production with that name --- they'd clearly sell a lot of them.

evolved

Reaction score
This may have been covered, but, what's the sizing like on the EC's?

I've got a pair of CXL Bayfields in 11B that fit great, but I had a pair of calf Daltons in the same size and they were a bit on the large size.

I've also got a pair of McCallisters and Strands, also in 11B that fit great and also a pair of Macneils and a pair of Delray's both in 10.5B.

Do people typically size down in the EC's from the 5-65 last?

AE_afficionado

Reaction score
Just writing to inform that I won't be committing via the final survey for now. If or when final makeups change again, I may throw my hat back in. Looking forward to seeing how things play out.

watchidiot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

This may have been covered, but, what's the sizing like on the EC's? 

I've got a pair of CXL Bayfields in 11B that fit great, but I had a pair of calf Daltons in the same size and they were a bit on the large size. 

I've also got a pair of McCallisters and Strands, also in 11B that fit great and also a pair of Macneils and a pair of Delray's both in 10.5B. 

Do people typically size down in the EC's from the 5-65 last? 
I am a TTS 8.5D and wear that in all my AEs (97, 234, 511 lasts) except the 5 last balmorals where I'm better at 8E. I have the EC both in 8.5D and and 8E. Both size fits but I get a lot of creasing on the 8E. I have another 2 lasted shoe in the Aberdeen and I also take that in 8.5D. YMMV.

Kahuna75

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Here are my navy ECs with blind eyelets
eramyqas.jpg

sadu2upe.jpg

asenaby8.jpg

uhume3e9.jpg

Thanks...I can see why suit wear would want that blind now. Anyway for the Navy I am good with it for the Merlot I would much rather see brass. @Watch do you want me to retake the survey? I put down I was interested in two boots never thinking both might be blind eyelets. I do not want to mess up this process for anyone and can change my preferences. Still willing to buy two.

Thanks

I was told that brass eyelets count as Flair and I have to wear 37 pieces of Flair to work....

Last edited:

lemmy127

Reaction score
I, like a few others, didn't vote/take the last survey, but I might be in for one of the following: shell EC, navy EC, or shell Townley. But that's not a definitive at all.

losrockets

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am a 9 on Barrie, 9.5D on 5 last, a 9.5d on the handsewn (that's the Patriot last, right?) But I found that on the 2, 9.5D was too slim (Players) and pinched for any extended wear. 9.5E works much better for me.

tjyoung

Reaction score
If there were an oxford boot, it would be a better candidate for navy calf imho. But there isn't.
There is the fifth street...

I could have seen this in navy and/or merlot for sure. Normally only offered in brown and black.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mrjosh